You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:

The "release" of the Mueller report only shows how complicit the GOP are in Trump's criminal enterprise.

Not enough evidence to prove collusion. OK, then release the report.

Not enough evidence to prove obstruction. OK, then release the report.

Barr, a Trump stooge handpicked for his views on the definition of "obstruction", says there is nothing to see here. McConnell says we shouldn't release the report to the public yet because "it may harm people."

They are clearly trying to delay this for a reason.

Is there anything more transparent than this? Jesus Christ, and the traitors, celebrate this as a victory. This is their guy, who they stand by. I've said if before and it applies more now than ever, in fact Adam Schiff just gave that speech that summed it up well: You may be OK with everything Trump and his admin did, but I'm not.

The only thing we know right now is what Trump's hand picked stooge is telling us. Now the WH wants to have access to this report, so they can redact as needed. They'll have a few weeks to stay out in front of this, run their propaganda machine and Trump can lie as usual. He's not exonerated, but guess what he's saying?

First class banana republic shit right here. 

Once the report is released, then I'd assume Congress will get to work deciding how to pursue this. He's also looking at charges in the SDNY, so I'm not sure why the right is gloating here. I guess they'll take any little thing they can get with this traitor.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

50% of voters support Trump. 3% better than Obama at this same point.

http://m.rasmussenreports.com/public_co … rack_mar28

Please, keep it going. Green New Deal. Medicaid for all. Open Borders. This will totally win back middle America. Wisconsin and Pennsylvania are totally going to swing hardcore left to align with these ideas.

Cite other polls that aren't historically right wing leaning.

You sound just like your hero Trump, he quotes the same poll btw.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Frontline has a really good 1 hour doc again on the Mueller probe. Looks more into the timeline to the saga as it happened, then diving into the probe. Was a chaotic time, funny cause the President just went off course in soo many instances it baffled DC insiders. The Lester Holt interview, Trumps idea. The alibi of Russian adoptions, Trumps idea. Firing Comey, Trumps idea. The interview with Putin, Trumps idea. They show he even ended the presser, then stepped back to the podium to add: "BTW, did anyone see this Peter Strok testimony?  So bad. Fake News, fake news. It's all a witch hunt I tell you. And its ashame whats been done to this country." Without even being asked. People were floored over how bad the optics looked, of Trump being investigated into colluding with Russia, and he sides with Russia while 10 ft away from Putin. Same thing with the meeting he had with Russians the day after he fired Comey, he's meeting with Russians. The guy can't even get out of his own way with this stuff.

I have a conspiracy over this. I think Trump got off on a technicality. Possibly, 'In the interest of national security', fearing a potential civil unrest or danger to the safety of this country, possibly a fall in our global standing, Mueller did not want to take it upon himself to risk national safety, so he passed the idea of removing a sitting President, possible serious charges, to the AG to make that decision. Barr, wording it as 'No reason to indict the President'.

I also think some of it may not have gone down like we're told. Namely, Comey & Rosenstein. I think they may have been Yes-Men early on, agreeing to be a Trump company guy. Read Comey's lines from that 1 on 1 dinner, and there's two sides to them. One, a guy taking an adamant line in the sand type approach, yet another, a guy willing to play along, be a part of the team. Rosenstein too, as he helped draft the reasonings to fire Comey, blaming the Hillary case. That's pretty much obstruction right there, and I think after he did it, he knew he was caught & what he did might've been illegal, so he turned himself around. Probably hired a PR rep to help save himself in this. Both of them likely did. Sessions too wouldn't surprise us if he was involved, partly covering his own tracks. Again, Trump fired him what was it, the day after Cohen was raided.

Which leads me to a thought on the obstruction case. Could it be possible that if Trump had a FBI director lying with him, an AG & deupty AG lying with him, that may be a way out of an obstruction case? Either Trump wasn't lying, everyone around him was in on it, OR maybe plead naive, and that he just thought it was business as usual since all these DC insiders were going along with him. And maybe thats why Mueller held off on determining charges, leaving it up to the AG. Maybe the decision was to indict all of them, plus Kushner, Reince, Bannon etc that soo many indictments could be given over it that again, a national crisis.

Lastly, I think the SDNY case may be outright laundering from foreign countries, paying to play. Cohen was a hardcore Trump supporter, unwilling to sway. Here comes the state with charges and no ability for Trump to pardon him, Cohen had to turn. To accept what, 3 years in prison is a pretty long sentence to willingly accept, actual charges must be way worse. All of it had to have stemmed from Flynn, and his testimony & knowledge of the Trump campaign. With Trump running his mouth about pure innocence and exoneration has to be ticking off those who know what's really going on, and they're only gonna come down much harder when the time does come.

My prediction: Barr releases a heavily redacted version, covering up alot of Muellers findings and reasonings. Dems fight it with subpoena, SDNY files major charges in summer/fall. In time, either report gets released or just leaks.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

The investigation gets that heated, that much attention  and they decide to let him off on a technicality?   Come on.  Don't grasp for straws when you don't even know if you have to or not.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

^^ Similar to the JFK conspiracies. The coverup was due to 'National Security'.  Plus, they know Trump would go apeshit if he was indicted and recommend to his loyal supporters to begin rioting.  It'll be better for the country to just ease him out of office somehow.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Also, the Lester Holt interview likely couldn't be grounds for Obstruction because Trump could've said he specifically lied to the media for PR purposes, which isn't a crime. Also maybe he wasn't formally informed of the official charges he was being looked into. Even if he was I don't think telling the media one thing, while telling investigators another is a crime, so long as what you tell investigators is whats factual. Things like that.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Also, Jared Kushners timing of one of his first press interviews last night seems telling. It could be perceived they are in deep when he's giving interviews.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

^^ Similar to the JFK conspiracies. The coverup was due to 'National Security'.  Plus, they know Trump would go apeshit if he was indicted and recommend to his loyal supporters to begin rioting.  It'll be better for the country to just ease him out of office somehow.

You know, it is possible that he didn't collude.  It seems that some of you are so deep that you've made conclusions based on what your media has told you instead of waiting for the facts and when reports of what the facts are, you are already making excuses as to why the facts must be wrong.

Trump is a turd.  I agree 100%.  He's shady as well.  I don't know anyone that doesn't believe that on some level in their heart of hearts.  It's a long stretch though to go from that to conspiring with Russia of all people to rig the election.  All the digging, all the interviews, all the everything for the past 2 years and they got nothing.  Still doesn't mean he didn't do it, who knows; but if he did do it and managed to somehow keep this from all the investigating by the gov't and the media prying, and all of the indictments of his supposed partners in crime, he's a hell of a lot smarter than any of you want to give him credit for.

This isn't the sixties.  It's a lot harder to get away with things these days...doesn't mean it's not possible, but there are eyes and mouths everywhere.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

You know, it is possible that he didn't collude.  It seems that some of you are so deep that you've made conclusions based on what your media has told you instead of waiting for the facts and when reports of what the facts are, you are already making excuses as to why the facts must be wrong.

Well, in fairness:

Flynn - Guilty
Manafort -Guilty
Roger Stone - Def Guilty
Sessions - Later conceded he met with Russians

and Trump himself did state "Russia if you're listening, 'I hope you find those emails'"

There's alot more, but that's the foundation.

Trumps also an absolute flipping moron. Claiming the GOP will introduce new healthcare plan, when they don't have one. He now says he'll 'Announce it AFTER the election'.  And Randomly threatens to close the border, when car makers are vitally dependant on Mexico for auto parts.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Also, if Russians invested $10 million dollars into targeted Facebook ads, would that be "collusion"?

Board footer