You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: US Politics Thread

metallex78 wrote:

When was the last time you heard of a mass killing using knives, clubs or fists though...?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

You mean all the mass knife attacks in countries with all those great gun laws, like China where 29 were killed and 130 were wounded in a single knife attack? Or the mass knife attack in Germany? Or France? Or Spain?  Or the 19 killed in a single knife attack in Japan... You mean, besides those?

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

You’ll have to remind me, was that ONE single person with a knife that killed 100’s of people? Because no, I don’t recall ever hearing that

misterID

misterID wrote:

Seriously? You have to hedge your own factually wrong argument to HUNDREDS because you had no idea you were wrong? And even still, your comparison is wrong. When was there a single AR15 used to kill hundreds of people.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Apparently Karen McDougal sold her Trump affair story to a tabloid. The tabloid refused to publish it. Rowan Farrow calls this a #MeToo moment because they didn't publish the story and they were more powerful than she was therefore she's a victim.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Apparently Karen McDougal sold her Trump affair story to a tabloid. The tabloid refused to publish it. Rowan Farrow calls this a #MeToo moment because they didn't publish the story and they were more powerful than she was therefore she's a victim.

Lol. McDougal is hot though.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

You’ll have to remind me, was that ONE single person with a knife that killed 100’s of people? Because no, I don’t recall ever hearing that

Several people with knives attacked folks in China yesterday. I think 30 killed. However that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t look at gun laws.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Most things can be used as a weapon if someone wants to do harm, knives, cars etc. The difference is they serve other purposes, guns exist purely to kill people.

I do think this is a two branched argument though. It’s perfectly valid to debate the merits of gun control but equally why, when and how did mass shootings/killings especially schools become the outlet of choice for the unstable and disillusioned American? Sure mass attacks happen elsewhere but they are typically rare, certainly in western society. Yet the states has had nearly 20 so far this year. Removing the appeal or glamour of commiting such a crime and working out why it is becoming a cultural norm is as important as gun control imo.

Both need to looking at if you are to reduce these types of incidents.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Ummmmm, if you discuss schools only and leave out places like the church in texas, Dallas where the cops were killed, Las Vegas where 550 people were shot this may seem “rare”, but when you include other shootings by deranged fvcks, like the dude in Colorado that attacked during Batman, your argument becomes weaker. We could also include the Pulse Night Club and San Bernardino but some may argue those were more of terrorist attacks, yet their weapon of choice? That’s right, AR-15’s.

misterID

misterID wrote:

You might as well include the that Texas clock tower in the 60s since you're going back years to string together your argument. It doesn't seem rare, it is rare.

Board footer