You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

He could be DOMINATING right now.  But pisses it away over stupidity.

I actually agree with this. During the primaries, even though he acted like an idiot, he exposed the every day politicians as frauds and made them look like fools. He grabbed the nation's attention and got the nomination. He could have done something with all of this, changed the power structure completely. But instead his narcissism, and multitudes of dysfunction stemming from that narcissism is killing him. He also didn't really want any of this (see narcissism.)

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah I agree. I felt he'd be alot better overall than he has been. I felt he'd be more moderate and a little bit bi-partisan being that he really never cared much about guns, gay marraige, coal miners, abortion etc.. But he's been taken hold of by some pretty extremist views, banning Muslims, Keeping bump stocks legal, 'There's some good people in there' when speaking of essentially neo-Nazi's?!

It's like he's being fed what to say, which is ok to an extent, but when he's unable to backtrack or explain himself over it, he just becomes divisive, for his own ego purposes. Granted, some things in his campaign were just moronic "Mexico will pay for the wall"  "Lock Her Up" etc. His whole staff leaving & cabinet departures is a bit telling, some I think F'ed up, but some I think just can't or don't want to work with him. I also think he's guilty as sh!t, and as people are being told whats going to go down, they're leaving to avoid being associated with him. Surprised Huckabee Sanders hasn't left, unless she's hoping to transition over to Pence.

johndivney wrote:

Tariffs on China long overdue. Rest of West should follow suit.
Finally a bit of business nous/tough negotiation coming through.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Did we ever have a thread for the Vegas shooting?  I didn't see it, but I know SG was following it pretty thorough. NYT obtained some surveillance video & released it. I came across this pretty well put together timeline. Eery seeing him interact with others.

https://static01.nyt.com/video/players/ … 0005794914

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Tariffs on China long overdue. Rest of West should follow suit.
Finally a bit of business nous/tough negotiation coming through.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Did we ever have a thread for the Vegas shooting?  I didn't see it, but I know SG was following it pretty thorough. NYT obtained some surveillance video & released it. I came across this pretty well put together timeline. Eery seeing him interact with others.

https://static01.nyt.com/video/players/ … 0005794914

I need to watch this. That shit is a huge coverup from what I have seen so far.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

With Bolton on board, we might as well take our chances with Pence. I have no faith in any of the Democrats likely candidates. This really sucks.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

Bolton along with Trump is a very dangerous combo IMO.

The original players are being rotated out in favor of more dangerous actors and crazies.

misterID

misterID wrote:

The only thread of support I had for Trump was specifically to keep Pence out of office. But at this point, what does it matter? He's picked the one person that makes Pence a better choice.

The only hope is that the moron doesn't listen to anyone anyway and Bolton hates Russia and Putin, which hopefully causes Trump to lose his shit with him also.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Anyone think Jeb or Mitt primaries Trump? Someone will.

Board footer