You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 426 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Everything he’s done has only made him look more guilty...

And even if/when his supporters are presented with evidence, they’ll obfuscate or deny or explain away...

I don’t even know how to talk to the Trump folk...they stand on their head to defend him but were so easily able to despise Hillary and make her out as the devil.

Sure, for the Trump folks.  A lot of people are just sick of all of it though.  Trump has major issues for sure.  Hillary had major issues as well, but you seem willing to overlook those for whatever reason, which is your right but you can't bitch when the Trump supporters overlook his.  I'm fed up with the hypocritical BS.  Roseanne gets fired...that's fine.  Samantha Bee apologizes and that's fine because she attacked someone attached to Trump, so it's okay?  Then clowns like Stewart rationalize it by saying that the other side is hypocritical?  No asshat, you're all hypocrites.

That's not true...first of all I voted for Bernie so if you want to chide me about something, chide me about that.

I'm saying Hillary and Trump are very similar in a lot of ways in terms of their sketchy dealings...Trump is way worse in the way he's conducting himself as president. Hillary would never do that...hate her all you want...she has decorum. She would conduct herself in a professional manner.


I actually liked Roseanne...and I really like John Goodman. I overlooked her craziness. She had a way of looking at things that I genuinely appreciated.

That was more of a rant in general and not directed specifically at you.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 426 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

These have to be the dumbest crooks ever.

Tonight it's been revealed that Manafort has been trying to tamper with witnesses, asking them to lie on his behalf.

Mueller's team are requesting that his bail be revoked. Sitting in jail, while facing what amounts to a life sentence surely won't bode well for our pathological liar in the White House either. What an idiot. He had to know they were watching him like a hawk...right? RIGHT?

i’m sure he just thinks Trump will pardon him. That’s the signal Trump is sending ....

And Clinton let his cronies off the hook too.

Part of me wishes that Hillary had won just so I don't have to hear the same people bitching over and over because we know they'd be dead silent about the shit she pulls...

bigbri
 Rep: 329 

Re: US Politics Thread

bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

These have to be the dumbest crooks ever.

Tonight it's been revealed that Manafort has been trying to tamper with witnesses, asking them to lie on his behalf.

Mueller's team are requesting that his bail be revoked. Sitting in jail, while facing what amounts to a life sentence surely won't bode well for our pathological liar in the White House either. What an idiot. He had to know they were watching him like a hawk...right? RIGHT?

i’m sure he just thinks Trump will pardon him. That’s the signal Trump is sending ....

And Clinton let his cronies off the hook too.

Part of me wishes that Hillary had won just so I don't have to hear the same people bitching over and over because we know they'd be dead silent about the shit she pulls...

Haha, OK. She'd have a hard time matching the shit Trump is pulling. I think you know that's true too but won't admit it.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 426 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

i’m sure he just thinks Trump will pardon him. That’s the signal Trump is sending ....

And Clinton let his cronies off the hook too.

Part of me wishes that Hillary had won just so I don't have to hear the same people bitching over and over because we know they'd be dead silent about the shit she pulls...

Haha, OK. She'd have a hard time matching the shit Trump is pulling. I think you know that's true too but won't admit it.

Why not?  I didn't vote for Trump.   Jesus,  just because I  don't come on here every chance I get to blast Trump I must be a fan?

bigbri
 Rep: 329 

Re: US Politics Thread

bigbri wrote:

So you do think she'd be doing the stuff Trump is doing? Or worse? Or not at all?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 426 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

So you do think she'd be doing the stuff Trump is doing? Or worse? Or not at all?

Different stuff.  I don't think she'd be grabbing them by the pussy, but you never know these days.  She was in pretty deep with the Russians herself, conspired with her party to screw Bernie, and had/has questionable things with their foundation.  Worse is just an opinion and really doesn't matter in this case.  Bad is bad...I'm not sure the level of bad should make a difference.  It's not like she's Mother Theresa.  Obama looks like a saint compared to either of them.

bigbri
 Rep: 329 

Re: US Politics Thread

bigbri wrote:

The list is too long to compile, but to me the blatant lying is the worst. All the Russia stuff is a different animal. But the lying to us daily. And it is daily. It's hard to stomach. I definitely don't think Hillary would be lying at the rate Trump does and not about the stupid stuff he lies about.

Just yesterday, the whole Eagle White House visit stuff. He says the Eagles participated in the National Anthem protest by kneeling. So he uninvited them. That never happened. One player raised a fist. Why lie about that? Just let the players come who want to come and do the photo op.

We're not dumb, for the most part. The daily lying I just can't stand and to have it repeated at the press briefings and reporters hardly ever push back. I know his supporters might believe what he says, but that is dumbfounding to me.

Policies are policies. I expect the GOP and Democrats to have different policies. I can understand that. I'll bitch, but I know why it happens. But turning the presidency into a pseudo-dictatorship is not cool. And I don't know how some people just accept it. Saying he'll pardon himself? That's dictatorial. And probably wrong.

I'm just tired of it all. That's why I'm not really in this thread much anymore. It's too maddening. There is stuff happening at almost an hourly rate that we could debate—and I just don't want to do that. Everyone can see what's happening. If you're OK with it, great. I'm not, but am just putting my efforts elsewhere.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 426 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:

So you were blasting Obama when he made illegal executive orders?  I mean you can't be okay with one dictatorship and get pissed when the next one comes along and takes it to the next level.  That's how these things go...one side pushes the envelope and the next side pushes it further.

bigbri
 Rep: 329 

Re: US Politics Thread

bigbri wrote:

I didn't say anything about executive orders. I'm talking very specifically about the lying. I think that was clear.


The legality of executive orders can be determined by the courts. Who's holding Trump accountable for anything?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 426 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:

So you think he's the only president to ever lie?  Everyone knew he was a liar.  Every politician is a liar, he just blasts on social media more than anyone else.  If you believe what politicians tell you, that's on you.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB