You are not logged in. Please register or login.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

Re: One Year Later - Did you get what you wanted?

zombux wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
zombux wrote:

funny. is this some kind of competition by Sorum and Adler, who can crawl deeper in Axl's ass? thank god he doesn't give a shit. the band's drummer is Frank Ferrer, simple as that.

The band's drummer may be a cool dude. But he is a shitty drummer.

yeah, Josh Freese or Brain might technically be superior than Frank. but on the other hand, this is not a rocket science, but a fucking rock band. not everyone in the band is supposed to be a monster like Mike Portnoy smile

One Year Later - Did you get what you wanted?

Yes 28%
No 72%
Total votes: 25
buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Show number 5 on this tour for me a week from tomorrow; it will be my wife's first show.  It's as close to what I wanted as is possible right now, so I'll take it.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

I saw the concert last night in Regina and it is without question the best show I've ever been to. Everything about it was amazing and the boys played some 3 hours and 10 minutes... pretty insane. At one point I'm almost positive Duff called the city Saskatoon, but maybe I only picked up what he was saying mid sentence.

I can remember being around 8 and watching GNR on TV thinking that it sucks that I'll never get to see them. Just why I thought that - I already kind of kept to myself and didn't like to travel, or maybe I just knew I was too little - I dunno, but I never forgot that memory to this day. In 2010 I saw GNR in Regina as well and it was great, too... but nothing matches Slash on guitar. Slash on the guitar for 3+ hours is basically heaven on fucking earth. So 25 years later, I did get to see the guys I wanted to see back together on stage and all is well.

I found myself at times just getting lost in the music, as grand as the stage was... I was kind of staring off into an array of colors and listening to the my favorite band of all time. It was surreal and natural at the same time. Being from a small town (I had to travel just to get to Regina), these moments with big name bands don't come too often and I appreciate that I was able to experience this. I was even happier that they came out so strong for this memory.

Between the drinks and even more, the excitement and balls to the wall length, the entire show seems like a blur and one of the best nights of my life.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:

Gay....

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Good for you for coming out.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Awesome review Brett, glad you enjoyed the show 5

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I know what he means about watching Slash for hours. There's something surreal about his playing when you get in the zone.

Board footer