You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: One Year Later - Did you get what you wanted?

johndivney wrote:

The tour doesn't wrap up. They take a hiatus for a while. It's like Dylan's never ending tour at this stage. Remember how long the Chinese democracy tour spanned?

When it does end is when Axl retires.
Then then comeback.

Slash'll pump out more crap solo records nobody cares about with that awful Christian rock singer in any down time.

One Year Later - Did you get what you wanted?

Yes 28%
No 72%
Total votes: 25
Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

Slightly off-topic: Do you guys think RussTCB is on the autism spectrum?

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Gong wrote:

Slightly off-topic: Do you guys think RussTCB is on the autism spectrum?

I believe he posts at mygnr. Feel free to go there and ask him. Otherwise please keep the discussion relevent to the topic.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

Alright, on topic:
After following the GNR saga online, DAILY, since the Spring of 2006, I am finally done.

This latest disappointment with regard to the 30th anniversary of Appetite is the final straw for me.
I can't see a future for this brand besides more concerts featuring virtually the same show they have been performing for 17 years now.

Yes, I'm mad.
No, there's nothing I can do about it.

The teaser for the roll-out of this latest leg, the billboards in Times Square, the inclusion of Eddie Trunk, and the absence of Izzy Stradlin, Steven Adler, and Howard Stern. It's all too much for me to take.
As fans, I think we deserve better treatment.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Gong wrote:

The teaser for the roll-out of this latest leg, the billboards in Times Square, the inclusion of Eddie Trunk, and the absence of Izzy Stradlin, Steven Adler, and Howard Stern. It's all too much for me to take.
As fans, I think we deserve better treatment.

Sometimes I really wonder why they do stuff like that.

I mean I kinda get the Adler/Izzy thing - they don't really trust either of them and they don't like sharing the money either.

At least that makes sense even if people don't like it.

But WHY do they do things like those billboards? It's not an isolated incident...it almost happens often enough for them to be purposely trolling except that would be crazy.

Once I would have put it down to Axl being a bit erratic - but he seems to have himself in check these days - fixed it up with Slash - comes out on time (Except for Melbourne Australia lol).

So like WTF are they unable or unwilling to do the bear minimum in terms of fan service?

I really don't get it. Even if they just don't GAF you'd think the praise they'd get for actually delivering something might make it worth it just for laughs.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

We're all in the same boat essentially.
There was enough peace and good will around to be really brave and generous and try to get the old crew out again.
But it didn't happen.
Old gripes and politics and a hefty dose of greed obviously got in the way.
I believe we are all the lesser for it, including the apparent "winners" Axl, Duff and Slash.
No history is being written by these men, no great human story (which always came with music) being told for us to remember them fondly by, its all just big business and on display is all the inadvertent emptiness a purely $$$$ driven enterprise has.

zelfitz
 Rep: 1 

zelfitz wrote:

I really wish Izzy would give an interview. He's likely the only one not under some kind of gag order. He was obviously unhappy with the way this all went down in early 2016. I wonder what the original plans were? If insiders are to be believed, Izzy was in rehearsals early on, and Steven was too - then he threw his back out. Axl had the Kimmel interview set up- were there plans for actually doing some band publicity for this thing? What happened?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Was Adler throwing his back out a cover for something else?

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

nobody except for pure nostalgia freaks want Adler at least remotely around. he's full of shit and he always has been.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
zombux wrote:

nobody except for pure nostalgia freaks want Adler at least remotely around. he's full of shit and he always has been.

I mean, he is a better drummer than Frank... I don't think that is up for debate. So in the studio he would be fine and I think on the road he would be manageable. I bought his Alder album and it was great!

Board footer