You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: What's the last book you read?

PaSnow wrote:

Been a few years but I read The Power Of Now.  Great book, focuses on staying 'present'. No matter whats going on in your life, Right Now: Is anyone punching you, hitting you, screaming at you etc.... If not, then stay present & you'll be alright.

A bit spiritual/New Age but it was effective. Also read Be Here Now, sortof an odd hippie book about meditation/Buddhism type stuff with odd sayings & ramblings which vaguely tie together into one piece. Currently reading a book on Nueroplasticity which is how our brains are no glued to the way it is once we become adults. A bit more scientific like a kids college book, not easy reading but I picked up another one Breaking The Habit of Being Yourself which might be more of an easy reading, I'll keep you posted.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Im almost finished Anthony Kiedis' book Scar Tissue

Ive been hmmm'ing and haaa'ing for years on whether or not to read it since I'm not really an RHCP fan...but it has rave reviews so i finally picked it up ... i find some parts really annoying and others i roll my eyes saying "yea right!" But i keep reading at a pretty brisk pace so it must be ok...now i want to buy Mother's Milk and Freaky Style too even tho last time i heard those albums i didn't care for them ... lol

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

^ Interesting, I could see his bio being a good read. Those guys did some pretty f'ed up shit. OTOH I could see it becoming annoying. Funny, I'm reading Bruce Springsteens bio Born To Run.  Pretty modest, albeit cause he was a pretty straight & narrow guy. Didn't drink much at all, no drugs, his stories with women are brief. Mostly stories of on the road touring.

I guess he was a little more popular before Born in the USA than I was expecting. Had a few hit albums & songs (Hungry Heart) but at the time Eagles, Boston etc were dominating the airwaves. He put out Nebraska which was artistically masterpiece but didn't sell much nor hit the charts. Surprisingly the label didn't want to drop him as he already had Born In The USA in the can and half the songs on that album ready.

The book is good, overall lacks a bit of substance maybe. Keith Richards Life is a much better read.

Board footer