You are not logged in. Please register or login.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

Re: atlas shrugged leaked?

zombux wrote:

+ there are dozens of "old band" demos floating around, nobody caring about those at all. so what the hell is the difference in keeping the "chidem sessions" demos in some fucking vault. their "value" has dropped to rock bottom already, as much as VMA 2002 rehearsals, 2010 South American Tour Documentary, and other stuff.

Krissy
 Rep: -8 

Krissy wrote:

Share with us, Walker!

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

zombux wrote:

+ there are dozens of "old band" demos floating around, nobody caring about those at all. so what the hell is the difference in keeping the "chidem sessions" demos in some fucking vault. their "value" has dropped to rock bottom already, as much as VMA 2002 rehearsals, 2010 South American Tour Documentary, and other stuff.

Well, the unreleased stuff like Atlas Shrugged and Silkworms clearly has some value, as they're almost certainly going to re-record it with Slash and Duff. The latterday remixes of tracks like This I Love, less so - no-one but hardcore fans is crying out for an alternate take of a Chinese Democracy track remix.

Voodoochild
 Rep: 3 

Voodoochild wrote:
Walker wrote:

The 2001 Blues is the earliest studio version of the song.

Does it sound like this?

https://soundcloud.com/bruno-do-amaral/the-blue-2002-style

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Voodoochild wrote:
Walker wrote:

Does it sound like this?

[/embed]

I may be in the minority here but that song to me is much better than Madagascar, Prostitute, CITR, and equal to Twat and by far better than Fucking The Seeker etc. point being, this song should be fucking played. Unlike Prostitute it has direction. It has some good guitar vs Madagascar which is boring as fuck. Also Twat Live doesn’t translate very well honestly. This song to me does. Drop Layla, Seeker, Etc and play this style of the blues but with killer Slash solos vs Robin.

Krissy
 Rep: -8 

Krissy wrote:

walker, as a show of good faith share complete silkworms with us!

lance

lance wrote:

Lying little bitch is all you are
So I guess I have to drive down to Greenville Spartanburg area and go to the waffle houses at night.

You see internet tough guy you should have kept my name off your lying post.

lance

lance wrote:

Also tell that stuttering fuck to stop stalking or I will address with him face to face.

Voodoochild
 Rep: 3 

Voodoochild wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I may be in the minority here but that song to me is much better than Madagascar, Prostitute, CITR, and equal to Twat and by far better than Fucking The Seeker etc. point being, this song should be fucking played. Unlike Prostitute it has direction. It has some good guitar vs Madagascar which is boring as fuck. Also Twat Live doesn’t translate very well honestly. This song to me does. Drop Layla, Seeker, Etc and play this style of the blues but with killer Slash solos vs Robin.

Axl seemed to struggle a bit to sing this after 2009. But I agree, its miles better than Madagascar, Prostitute and CITR. It would kill me to hear Slash ruining the solo, tho.

Walker
 Rep: 8 

Walker wrote:
Voodoochild wrote:
Walker wrote:

Does it sound like this?

[/embed]
The Blues 4:44
- cuts in - strings under piano intro - no acoustic guitar during intro - 2001/2002-era guitar lick + drums and guitars - echo or whisper/people talking during first vocals, later cleaned up (noticeable edit maybe in word “saved”?) - Pitman’s synth/sub-bass more present during verses (electronic-type feel) - guitar lick + guitar note held during “I don’t know what else I should do” - drums/cymbals during “Everywhere I go I see you . . .” etc - background “woooeeeeoooo” synth bit at 1:58 (heard on 2001-2002 live versions) - rhythm guitar during solo different, most noticeable starting at 2:24 - cymbals during last verse - lead guitar bit at 3:20 - no acoustic guitar during piano breakdown at 3:30 - no Buckethead solo during outro (earlier version than 2002 Radio Promo) - vocals clearer on outro - Tommy’s bass has been louder whole time, really noticeable bass walk-down around 4:08 - only “ahs” at end - ending fadeout faster/different

Board footer