You are not logged in. Please register or login.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

Re: LEAKS THREAD

zombux wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Well, we know Jackie Chan is out there somewhere in the ether, since there's a clip of it. I think that's basically the only new thing left, isn't it?

yes, but we don't know for sure, that anybody actually really has it. it's possible that Razz shared this clip and pulled out of that thing completely - I vaguely remember that nowadays he doesn't want to have anything to do with the incident or GNR whatsoever.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Zombux, I actually referred to your studio sessions guide (http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/220883- … able-info/) to better remember when "Jackie Chan" leaked. It was May 2006, same time as the 1999 demos for "IRS" and "TWAT."

What's weird is that the other two tracks leaked in complete form, while "Jackie Chan" has only ever circulated as a snippet. I'm trying to get my head around that: Presumably it came from a different source/leaker. Could it be a fake? Has anyone ever used the Shazam app to see if it can be identified as a song from another band?

imsorry wrote:

that Razz guy was a whore seeking for attention and fuck everything, even the guy who shared with him got fucked as well.

zombux

zombux wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Zombux, I actually referred to your studio sessions guide (http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/220883- … able-info/) to better remember when "Jackie Chan" leaked. It was May 2006, same time as the 1999 demos for "IRS" and "TWAT."

What's weird is that the other two tracks leaked in complete form, while "Jackie Chan" has only ever circulated as a snippet. I'm trying to get my head around that: Presumably it came from a different source/leaker. Could it be a fake? Has anyone ever used the Shazam app to see if it can be identified as a song from another band?

no, I'm quite sure it came from the same source as CITR/IRS/TWAT "1999". I don't remember the whole story, but it was something like Razz had some deal with Merck, Merck fucked him so Razz leaked the clip and added FUCK YOU meant for Merck.

AndreCC
 Rep: 0 

AndreCC wrote:
zombux wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

no, I'm quite sure it came from the same source as CITR/IRS/TWAT "1999". I don't remember the whole story, but it was something like Razz had some deal with Merck, Merck fucked him so Razz leaked the clip and added FUCK YOU meant for Merck.

I'm pretty sure IRS and 2 versions of TWAT leaked around February 2006. Then Better leaked around the time of the Hammerstein shows If I'm not mistaken. Like a week or 2 weeks before the Hammerstein shows.

As for "checkmate" If I remember correctly, there was a guy called Lord_Razz on HTGTH who had a radio channel online, and he kept teasing for the leak and made us listen to the whole radio show (Ridiculous really...), and finally he leaked the jackie chan clip. I think he's still around on HTGTH.

zombux

zombux wrote:
AndreCC wrote:

I'm pretty sure IRS and 2 versions of TWAT leaked around February 2006. Then Better leaked around the time of the Hammerstein shows If I'm not mistaken. Like a week or 2 weeks before the Hammerstein shows.

yes, but those were the "2006 leaks". that "1999 demos" bunch was from totally different source, but leaked shortly after the former ones.

benny

benny wrote:

IRS was the first leak that I heard.  Back then I found it on limewire, aka the poorman's napster.

zombux

zombux wrote:
benny wrote:

IRS was the first leak that I heard.  Back then I found it on limewire, aka the poorman's napster.

just check my sheet again, you'll see the timeline. IRS was of course the first leak, it was first played in 2003 by Mike Piazza, later it was leaked by darknemus in 2005 in very poor quality, and finally in February 2006 in good quality, together with Better, TWAT and the instrumentals.
some weeks after that, the "1999 demos" were leaked - CITR, IRS, TWAT and excerpt of "Checkmate".

benny

benny wrote:
zombux wrote:
benny wrote:

just check my sheet again, you'll see the timeline. IRS was of course the first leak, it was first played in 2003 by Mike Piazza, later it was leaked by darknemus in 2005 in very poor quality, and finally in February 2006 in good quality, together with Better, TWAT and the instrumentals.
some weeks after that, the "1999 demos" were leaked - CITR, IRS, TWAT and excerpt of "Checkmate".

One of my friends constanly busted my chops over the years when demos would leak and rumors would surface that the album was going to be released and it wouldn't end up being released on those rumored dates.  I made sure to send him a picture of the display at Best Buy when I bought a copy the day it was released LOL.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

^^ lol, me too. I was such a nerd about it I would occasionally email out updates or Reply To All if the time someone sent a random email matched some GnR news, one friend joked about 'Thanks for updating me on GnR news rolleyes" type of stuff.

Funny, when that Tommy song leaked about 5 years ago I sent it to him and he wrote back "What is this 2006? We're still waiting on a new Guns record". I stopped after that.

Board footer