You are not logged in. Please register or login.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

Re: LEAKS THREAD

zombux wrote:
NeonKnight wrote:
benny wrote:

Actually if the full version of the ITW remix leaked I'd be happy since we did get a bunch of alternate versions of songs in the last few months.  After listening to the 2001 demos from Chinese Democracy I really wish the album would've dropped back then.  I haven't found a single song from the album where I prefer the album version to any of the 2001 demos that have leaked.

So, all that leaked is that version of Maddy, TWAT and SOD?

from that "2001 bunch", yes.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

What was this song?

Axl wrote:

I mean it as in being pushed by something and having to get the music to a place where I can find my peace regardless of what anyone says. And that wasn't fully achieved until the last round of mastering and swapping out a version of a track at the pressing plant that had gotten inadvertently changed at the last minute.

You've gotta think this is out there.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Probably Riad. Axl really liked those Schauss samples wink

Seriously, prolly TWAT or Prostitute.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

If I guessed, it would be TWAT considering there's 700 versions of it already out there.

Prostitute sounded pretty much exactly like that Antiquiet leak.

I look forward to this swapped version leaking in 2024 after a garbageman finds it in a dump in Ethiopia.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
zombux wrote:
NeonKnight wrote:
benny wrote:

Actually if the full version of the ITW remix leaked I'd be happy since we did get a bunch of alternate versions of songs in the last few months.  After listening to the 2001 demos from Chinese Democracy I really wish the album would've dropped back then.  I haven't found a single song from the album where I prefer the album version to any of the 2001 demos that have leaked.

So, all that leaked is that version of Maddy, TWAT and SOD?

from that "2001 bunch", yes.

if the first leak of better was better than the over produced mess that was the album version.

TWATs best version was the later version though with the longer BH solo.

But yeah the 2001/2002 versions are the best.  The 1999 versions with the exception of CITR (like IRS, TWAT) were not yet finished.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm in the minority but I like the album additions. I kinda wish it was mixed/mastered a little hotter overall or something - but performance wise I like the final record.

The remixed TIL vocals make me wonder if it was a TIL version that was swapped - as there's obviously different versions of those vocals around.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

dave-gnfnr wrote:

But yeah the 2001/2002 versions are the best.  The 1999 versions with the exception of CITR (like IRS, TWAT) were not yet finished.

I do love the choppy riff Finck plays in the '99 IRS though – I think it's the second verse? In the final version the riff's there, but buried under a layer of effects and barely audible.

AndreCC
 Rep: 0 

AndreCC wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

What was this song?

Axl wrote:

I mean it as in being pushed by something and having to get the music to a place where I can find my peace regardless of what anyone says. And that wasn't fully achieved until the last round of mastering and swapping out a version of a track at the pressing plant that had gotten inadvertently changed at the last minute.

You've gotta think this is out there.

I'm inclined to think he's talking about If The World.

imsorry wrote:

i dont think maddy"2001" is from the same era of twat and sod the acoustic drumkit is way different ,probably different producer as well.

CubanSkies
 Rep: 0 

CubanSkies wrote:

The versions that leaked in the last years are from 2001 (Maddy, SOD, TWAT). They all come from the same source. I think it was a CD MSL received from an Interscope employee.

Board footer