You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

Re: LEAKS THREAD

dave-gnfnr wrote:
LocoComa wrote:
vipicius wrote:

Do not you think that sometimes we think the demos are better than the final versions, just because it's something "new" and we hear the final versions much more often? It happened to me when I heard the demo versions of Appetite and UYI, but I soon realized that they were not exactly better, but different and "new". Of course there may be preference, but still...

I much prefer the demo versions of most CD songs, because they're much less muddy and more raw. I do prefer most studio versions of the Appetite and UYIs, though.

Don't cry the demo version is way better than the album version and the rough cut of coma I ike more than the album version because it does not have all those girls talking and ruining the song lol  I think I also like the garden demo without alice cooper as well.  14 years rough cut blows away the album version espeically bc the rough cut has that extended outro.

Even the lies demos are better, i like the your'e crazy and one in a million demos way better, wish there was a patience demo.

I agree about AFD though, teh album is way better than the demos

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

Oh I know its a pipe dream but maybe long after Axl is dead and we are all like 80 LOL

in my opinion, or rather educated guess, somewhat around AFD 300 anniversary might be the right time. MIGHT.

axlgod

axlgod wrote:
zombux wrote:

this is, together with existing 2001/2 live versions, a good example of what RTB was trying to do - he was hired, because the previous Beavan mixes were considered somewhat too "modern" and they needed to make the stuff more "classic".
which is, at least for me, a shame - because what Beavan did with Marilyn Manson just a few years ago (he produced Portrait, Antichrist Superstar and Mechanical Animals, and especially the latter two of them have MASSIVELY great sound). I'd still take ANY Beavan mix before ANYTHING else from RTB or later time.
still, this is an interesting insight into work-in-progress at one of the track we are very familiar with.

I agree completely.
I’ve recently revisited Antichrist & Mechanical Animals, and the production is absolutely fantastic - even better in flac!

vipicius
 Rep: 6 

vipicius wrote:

I also like the raw CD demos. They are raw, but they are cleaner and this sounds better to the ears, perhaps for lesser amount of information to interpret.

LocoComa
 Rep: 4 

LocoComa wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
LocoComa wrote:
vipicius wrote:

Do not you think that sometimes we think the demos are better than the final versions, just because it's something "new" and we hear the final versions much more often? It happened to me when I heard the demo versions of Appetite and UYI, but I soon realized that they were not exactly better, but different and "new". Of course there may be preference, but still...

I much prefer the demo versions of most CD songs, because they're much less muddy and more raw. I do prefer most studio versions of the Appetite and UYIs, though.

Don't cry the demo version is way better than the album version and the rough cut of coma I ike more than the album version because it does not have all those girls talking and ruining the song lol  I think I also like the garden demo without alice cooper as well.  14 years rough cut blows away the album version espeically bc the rough cut has that extended outro.

Even the lies demos are better, i like the your'e crazy and one in a million demos way better, wish there was a patience demo.

I agree about AFD though, teh album is way better than the demos

I know it's not technically a demo, since it was played live, but I fucking love the '88 version of Yesterdays far more than the album version. There are a few UYI demos I prefer to the album, like Don't Cry and 14 Years, and I like the Bad Obsession demo from '86 with Izzy on vocals, but it's definitely not as bad as CD for me.

Voodoochild
 Rep: 3 

Voodoochild wrote:

Ok, I gave another listen to that. Still can't understand how you guys like it better than any other versions we had. Buckethead's single chord wah rhythm is as dull as Slash's powerchord in the 2017 live rendition. And Paul Tobias' main riff is buried in the center channel mix.

IMO, there's absolutely no Robin in this version. And the drums reminded me of Josh Freese's tone in the other 1999 leaks.

That's why I think this could be from 2000. And, like Zombux said, by that time the producer was Roy Thomas Baker.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I forget the quote but Axl mentioned something about Madagascar just materializing around Rio 2001.

I know it's an early song from the project and dates back to Youth in 1997 but seems like the hallmarks from 2002 are there anyway. The middle of the song rhythm squeal. Fortus and Robin each played it at the VMAs, I think?

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Voodoochild wrote:

Ok, I gave another listen to that. Still can't understand how you guys like it better than any other versions we had. Buckethead's single chord wah rhythm is as dull as Slash's powerchord in the 2017 live rendition. And Paul Tobias' main riff is buried in the center channel mix.

IMO, there's absolutely no Robin in this version. And the drums reminded me of Josh Freese's tone in the other 1999 leaks.

That's why I think this could be from 2000. And, like Zombux said, by that time the producer was Roy Thomas Baker.

I like the mixing more than the album version but the guitars are lacking in this version, if someone like evader can add in robins and BHs missing guitar parts, I think it would be way better.

If the album version was mixed like this version it would be way better.

The thing that makes me not like this version is the mess of a rhythem guitar player.

And I agree with you, this could be a cut from what Robin was not in the band, because when Robin left the band BH redid all his parts and Robin was removed

that mess of a guitar is paul or axl

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
Voodoochild wrote:

might be one of those versions that had Robin deleted - after he left the band in 1999, with some later touches by RTB in 2000/2001, regardless of that Robin got back by that time.

MrMiniMite
 Rep: 0 

MrMiniMite wrote:

Could anybody hit me up? Not heard it yet!

Board footer