You are not logged in. Please register or login.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

Re: LEAKS THREAD

esoterica wrote:

Please sir, may I have some more?

zombux wrote:

That's why I think this could be from 2000. And, like Zombux said, by that time the producer was Roy Thomas Baker.
might be one of those versions that had Robin deleted - after he left the band in 1999, with some later touches by RTB in 2000/2001, regardless of that Robin got back by that time.

I bet this version was sent to Robin by this fancy new contraption

BcIMaUel.jpg

"Hey Robin, FedEX your rhythm parts overnight!"

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
MrMiniMite wrote:

Could anybody hit me up? Not heard it yet!

the link is publicly at mygnr and even the admins don't care about deleting it... http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/219471- … ar-leaked/

MrMiniMite
 Rep: 0 

MrMiniMite wrote:
zombux wrote:
MrMiniMite wrote:

Could anybody hit me up? Not heard it yet!

the link is publicly at mygnr and even the admins don't care about deleting it... http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/219471- … ar-leaked/

Thanks!

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

aaaaaand it's gone, as the admins decided to play it safer - can't really blame them, Team Brazil is mad enough to go banzai about an old version of a song we heard 10000 times.
if it was something unheard, I'd get it. with this - just a storm in a glass of water smile

esoterica

esoterica wrote:

I suppose 15 times is enough for today

Voodoochild
 Rep: 3 

Voodoochild wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

I like the mixing more than the album version but the guitars are lacking in this version, if someone like evader can add in robins and BHs missing guitar parts, I think it would be way better.

If the album version was mixed like this version it would be way better.

The thing that makes me not like this version is the mess of a rhythem guitar player.

And I agree with you, this could be a cut from what Robin was not in the band, because when Robin left the band BH redid all his parts and Robin was removed

that mess of a guitar is paul or axl

It may be just Axl's idea of what he would like in that particular section. The final version indeed has a somewhat similar guitar lead, although much better played, of course.

zombux wrote:

might be one of those versions that had Robin deleted - after he left the band in 1999, with some later touches by RTB in 2000/2001, regardless of that Robin got back by that time.

Yep. But it's different from what we got previously. We had IRS (both in 1999 and 2000-ish) that still had tons of Robin's leads. Catcher 99 still had Robin's leads mixed with May's solos. TWAT too still had Robin. It's not like he was erased, he was still there - much like Bucket was still very much present in almost all of the final album.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Voodoochild wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

I like the mixing more than the album version but the guitars are lacking in this version, if someone like evader can add in robins and BHs missing guitar parts, I think it would be way better.

If the album version was mixed like this version it would be way better.

The thing that makes me not like this version is the mess of a rhythem guitar player.

And I agree with you, this could be a cut from what Robin was not in the band, because when Robin left the band BH redid all his parts and Robin was removed

that mess of a guitar is paul or axl

It may be just Axl's idea of what he would like in that particular section. The final version indeed has a somewhat similar guitar lead, although much better played, of course.

zombux wrote:

Yep. But it's different from what we got previously. We had IRS (both in 1999 and 2000-ish) that still had tons of Robin's leads. Catcher 99 still had Robin's leads mixed with May's solos. TWAT too still had Robin. It's not like he was erased, he was still there - much like Bucket was still very much present in almost all of the final album.

The TWAT and IRS 99 leaks are from before BH joined the band.

There are cuts of these songs  without Robin.  But the question is does anyone have them.

It all depends on that version of the song it is, there is like 15 versions of each song. Both Fortus and Dizzy confirmed this.

esoterica

esoterica wrote:

I hope the others come out in one go.

It'd be nice to have an extended discussion instead of a touch and go thing.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

pm please?

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:

Agreed, the guitar work is a bit of a mess and at some places also the synths need a little correction. The mix nevertheless sounds more exciting and fresh to me than the 2006 or final versions.

Just kinda underlines the assumption that the album would have sounded better in 2002/03...

Board footer