You are not logged in. Please register or login.

auad
 Rep: 3 

Re: LEAKS THREAD

auad wrote:

listening to this "new" madagascar.
I liked the sound. I found it better than the final ... more raw version. more real.
Funny how we guns fans settle for crumbs right? ... more mysterious is still to know why these things attract us so much. songs with versions of more than fifteen years ago ...

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Meh

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

Whoa could someone PM or email? It would make my shitty week

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I don't really hear anything groundbreaking here

Less orchestration...a bit more guitars

I think the cd version may have more digital artifacts...tho it could be my rip of the cd thru windows media player

There is a really bad volume swell at about 1:11 of the album version...exists on both album and this leak

Voodoochild
 Rep: 3 

Voodoochild wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

Roy Thomas Baker gets a lot of shit around here but his work is the only time the project reached a professional level of quality. If you compare any of these early leaks to Oh My God, they seem rough, patchwork, and amateurish. The Piazza leaks were certainly what you'd come to expect.

OMG was mixed and mastered on Beavan's watch. He was certainly a capable enough producer to sew things up. And RTB was likely equally marooned before Tom Zutaut came aboard in 2001.

I don't think we should compare demos to official released tracks (I don't care what Axl said, it was officially released and went through mix and mastering). Every demo is a work in progress, and we don't know for sure what was the status - there's some stuff that could be placeholder for a new overdub, we just didn't get it. Also, there is the quality of the rips: I never understood why IRS, TWAT, Catcher and Checkmate all sounded like it was ripped from an analog cassete player.

Neemo wrote:

I don't really hear anything groundbreaking here

Less orchestration...a bit more guitars

There's no orchestration and less guitars, actually.

Facekicker
 Rep: 0 

Facekicker wrote:
LocoComa wrote:
motoguzzy wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

3 leaks? We’ve only gotten one - 2001 Madagascar

not talking about Atlas - Silkworms - The General (2 mins)  ?????

Those leaks are bullshit. If anything, this leak proves it. Within a couple hours, it was everywhere. They would've never been contained for 2 whole weeks. That, along with the fact that those dips are also trying to take credit for this one.

No. Those are leaks.

Madagascar is not a leak. It's a demo of a song everyone already has. Hence why nobody cares to horde it.

yarno

yarno wrote:

Hey everyone - would love some links to leaks or what ever from the last weeks

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Facekicker wrote:
LocoComa wrote:
motoguzzy wrote:

not talking about Atlas - Silkworms - The General (2 mins)  ?????

Those leaks are bullshit. If anything, this leak proves it. Within a couple hours, it was everywhere. They would've never been contained for 2 whole weeks. That, along with the fact that those dips are also trying to take credit for this one.

No. Those are leaks.

Madagascar is not a leak. It's a demo of a song everyone already has. Hence why nobody cares to horde it.

Not really leaks though are they. A song nobody is listening to because they don’t have it isn’t a leak.

Facekicker

Facekicker wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
Facekicker wrote:
LocoComa wrote:

No. Those are leaks.

Not really leaks though are they. A song nobody is listening to because they don’t have it isn’t a leak.

Rather they are not listening because they are shit

Keep crying about it though, I'm sure that will change people's minds 13

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Ooh - a new leak! Any danger of a PM? Would love to hear Madagascar.

Board footer