You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: LEAKS THREAD

misterID wrote:

I'll take The General any way I can. I'm not going to be finicky now.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'll take The General any way I can. I'm not going to be finicky now.

I would pass on a general version with BBF, DJ and Frank replacing BH, Robin and Brain. I would want something else to leak before something like that.  If that did leak I would listen but then wonder how much better it would be with BH, Finck and Brain.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

For my taste, I thought most of bumble's additions actually improved the songs - the final mixes were messy on the album from a mixing standpoint - but musically - the CD riff was cooler with additions, his Riad solo was much better than the leak with Robin, I like his IRS outro.

I'd love to hear some unreleased songs with Ron on them.

Voodoochild
 Rep: 3 

Voodoochild wrote:

Id just take anything unreleased. Like I said, it's interesting to overanalyse everything about those recordings IMHO. Not sure why is this something bad now. It's better than deal with shit on my work.

zombux wrote:

speaking about 2002, uploaded some 2002 tour stuff to mygnr, maybe some people here would by interested as well... https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7jt6qhjlleam … p5HVa?dl=0

Thanks man. I still have everything on an external HD, but this is much easier.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

For my taste, I thought most of bumble's additions actually improved the songs - the final mixes were messy on the album from a mixing standpoint - but musically - the CD riff was cooler with additions, his Riad solo was much better than the leak with Robin, I like his IRS outro.

I'd love to hear some unreleased songs with Ron on them.

I still prefer the very first CD leak, and that got me more interested for the 2001/2002 version.  BBF on CD the song, did nothing for me.  I like the song without his fills.  The best version of CD is still the live HOB version.   

The BH riad solo was way better than the BBF one, the BBF one did not even fit the song. It was so out of place.

Not to mention how badly BBF ruined catcher in the rye.

We never hear Shacklers without BBF , so we dont know what BHs version was like, but that is the only thing on CD i like that BBF did.

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:

I want to hear Chinese Democracy as it was supposed to be - we never got that. What was released in 2008 is a compilation of what was leaked online, bundled together with a few unheard songs (butchered) and then shat out by the record company.

People may argue that's all it ever was but I just don't believe that.

Even to this day nothing would excite me more in terms of Guns N' Roses than to hear Axl's original vision of the album from back in 2001/2002.

Whether it's disappointing or not... I don't particularly care.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

The BH riad solo was way better than the BBF one, the BBF one did not even fit the song. It was so out of place.

It's interesting the variance of opinion as it's completely the other way around for me.

I like the interplay between Robin and Bucket on something like the Chinese Democracy title track solo but in the Riad solo section - it's like they try for the same thing but it just doesn't seem to work right.

Robin's intro to the solo is painful but then that's always what he goes for with those awkward bends I guess - but it pushes the limits here - in a way it's cool but I feel like he does this all the time - then I like the start of bucket's part - but the second half of it after about 2.40 just feels like the solo break is still going but the solo concept has ended so he's just holding notes and filling in to make it fit.

I don't mean to bash bucket - I love some of his other stuff like "Worms for My Garden" - he's a monster player - and in fact his outro on Riad is fucking killer...it makes the song...

But as far as the solo section -  Ron's solo seems crafted to fill the time properly in terms of it's structure. I like the busy and chaotic nature of it that suits the general madness of the song.

I kinda like having both of them on the track - Ron on the Solo and Bucket on the outro.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I will always believe adding Ron was a mixture of obligation to give him a role on the album and an FU to Bucket.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

It's interesting the variance of opinion as it's completely the other way around for me.

I like the interplay between Robin and Bucket on something like the Chinese Democracy title track solo but in the Riad solo section - it's like they try for the same thing but it just doesn't seem to work right.

Robin's intro to the solo is painful but then that's always what he goes for with those awkward bends I guess - but it pushes the limits here - in a way it's cool but I feel like he does this all the time - then I like the start of bucket's part - but the second half of it after about 2.40 just feels like the solo break is still going but the solo concept has ended so he's just holding notes and filling in to make it fit.

I don't mean to bash bucket - I love some of his other stuff like "Worms for My Garden" - he's a monster player - and in fact his outro on Riad is fucking killer...it makes the song...

But as far as the solo section -  Ron's solo seems crafted to fill the time properly in terms of it's structure. I like the busy and chaotic nature of it that suits the general madness of the song.

I kinda like having both of them on the track - Ron on the Solo and Bucket on the outro.

To be fair I could do without either solo bc neither are that great, but maybe since I heard the bh one first especially the live version that’s why i like it more.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

I will always believe adding Ron was a mixture of obligation to give him a role on the album and an FU to Bucket.

I kinda disagree only cos the way Axl seems to be if it was an FU it would be a total FU even at the expense of his own record.

As it stands there's heaps of Bucket parts remaining on the record. You'd think if it was like "suck this bucket" he'd have deleted ALL of the bucket solos - for example the second solo in the title track is really cool but could have easily been swapped out if you had an agenda...

But I do think he added people to give them a roll - obvious example was Frank's addition to 2.5 songs or whatever. Didn't really seem necessary but then at that stage what was I guess hahahah.

Board footer