You are not logged in. Please register or login.

benny
 Rep: 0 

Re: LEAKS THREAD

benny wrote:
Furbush wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

The VMA performance made me a super fan. It's why I'm here with you fine people.
I was entranced by Madagascar, Buckethead, and Axl looking like a Neo Tokyo rockstar.

I hope to hear the unreleased Chinese Democracy / CD2 material some day but will be forever let down we didn't get many long years of collaboration between pseudo-asian Axl and space alien Finck and technobot Buckethead.

The things we could've done together.

I realize that I'm wayyyy late on this thread, and this post, but fuck it.

I've said it a Brazilian times. That VMA performance/ band gets shit on a bunch by casuals and some hardcores, but that band was a versatile fucking monster that should have put out at least 4 records. As prolific and brilliant as Bucket/Brain are?  Guns 2.0 would have turned all kids of heads.

The eclectic, soulful shredding of Bucket, with Fortus holding down the traditional blues based fiddlin'. Robin's unique industrial punk vibe?
The rhythm section from Hell, Dizzy Fucking Reed... The douche canoe on the keytar on stage right and Uncle Anime Axl?
It was quite the beast that was put together, and I didn't really care how gassed Axl was at the VMAs... I was sooo pumped. Maddy was EPIC.

He was hitting the notes, mannnn... "AHHHH FREE FROM ALLL THE CHAINS"

Round One indeed.

That shot of Buckethead in a typhoon of confetti... Shredding with one hand, swingin' a fuckin' Num Chuck bucket with the other... His head cocked to the side?

All the yesses.
I worshipped the old band, but that band was so like... What the fuck? That I was on board. They kicked soo much ass.

CD should have dropped 2 weeks after that show as a 4 album box set or separately (CD1, 2, 3 and 4) It would have one upped UYI 1 and 2 debuting as the top two records, by being the first band to have the top FOUR albums on the charts.

Could you imagine?
I salivate at the thought.
They would have fucked shit up.
PS... I dunno if anyone has mentioned it, but we need a Melissa emoji.

I had lost track of what was going on with GNR for a few years in the late 90s/early 2000s.  I didn't even know that they were performing at the 2002 VMA and as luck would have it I just happened to be watching the VMA that night.  So when I heard the opening guitar to Welcome to the Jungle it caught me by total surprise and I was instantly hooked on the new lineup.  To this day I still watch that VMA performance every few months or so on youtube.

Roderick

Roderick wrote:

can someone help me get this version of Madagascar? been out of the loop for a long time

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:

please can we get the blues soon smile

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I don't believe in much in this world.

But I believe it would be divine justice for Dave to get a proper copy of The Blues 2002.

Poor guy has been wanting that for 11 years now.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Furbush wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

The VMA performance made me a super fan. It's why I'm here with you fine people.
I was entranced by Madagascar, Buckethead, and Axl looking like a Neo Tokyo rockstar.

I hope to hear the unreleased Chinese Democracy / CD2 material some day but will be forever let down we didn't get many long years of collaboration between pseudo-asian Axl and space alien Finck and technobot Buckethead.

The things we could've done together.

I realize that I'm wayyyy late on this thread, and this post, but fuck it.

I've said it a Brazilian times. That VMA performance/ band gets shit on a bunch by casuals and some hardcores, but that band was a versatile fucking monster that should have put out at least 4 records. As prolific and brilliant as Bucket/Brain are?  Guns 2.0 would have turned all kids of heads.

The eclectic, soulful shredding of Bucket, with Fortus holding down the traditional blues based fiddlin'. Robin's unique industrial punk vibe?
The rhythm section from Hell, Dizzy Fucking Reed... The douche canoe on the keytar on stage right and Uncle Anime Axl?
It was quite the beast that was put together, and I didn't really care how gassed Axl was at the VMAs... I was sooo pumped. Maddy was EPIC.

He was hitting the notes, mannnn... "AHHHH FREE FROM ALLL THE CHAINS"

Round One indeed.

That shot of Buckethead in a typhoon of confetti... Shredding with one hand, swingin' a fuckin' Num Chuck bucket with the other... His head cocked to the side?

All the yesses.
I worshipped the old band, but that band was so like... What the fuck? That I was on board. They kicked soo much ass.

CD should have dropped 2 weeks after that show as a 4 album box set or separately (CD1, 2, 3 and 4) It would have one upped UYI 1 and 2 debuting as the top two records, by being the first band to have the top FOUR albums on the charts.

Could you imagine?
I salivate at the thought.
They would have fucked shit up.
PS... I dunno if anyone has mentioned it, but we need a Melissa emoji.

Heck yeah! I agree with pretty mcuh everything 100%  (not sure about 4 CD albums, easy now lol)

Roderick

Roderick wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

I'm with you on that one, man. I'd love to have the older version similar to how they played it live early on

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
Roderick wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

I'm with you on that one, man. I'd love to have the older version similar to how they played it live early on

That delicious cheese during the "I don't know just what I should doooo..."

Bring it on!

Sky Dog wrote:

Am I missing something? If so, wouldn't mind a PM. Thanks in advance.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

IqUYdEJT.jpeg

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:

aww damn i thought were we getting the blues since this thread was bumped lol

Board footer