You are not logged in. Please register or login.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

Re: LEAKS THREAD

zombux wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

well shackers revenge is a BH song, its still dumb they took out his solo

maybe, but I absolutely ADORE what BBF did on the song. whenever some melody off ChiDem comes on my mind, it's mostly THAT solo and THAT chorus.
same about Riad - yeah, the original BH solo is wicked, but I sort of think BBF solo fits my liking much more.
@monkey: yup, I agree with you. DJ doesn't deserve the general bashing he is/was always been getting, and BBF was hugely underused and uderrated during his stint.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
zombux wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

well shackers revenge is a BH song, its still dumb they took out his solo

maybe, but I absolutely ADORE what BBF did on the song. whenever some melody off ChiDem comes on my mind, it's mostly THAT solo and THAT chorus.
same about Riad - yeah, the original BH solo is wicked, but I sort of think BBF solo fits my liking much more.
@monkey: yup, I agree with you. DJ doesn't deserve the general bashing he is/was always been getting, and BBF was hugely underused and uderrated during his stint.

I will say the only BBF guitar work I like on CD is what he did on SR but I would still rather hear the way BH did it, because it could be better.

zombux

zombux wrote:

the only real answer to this problem is releasing all the versions recorded through years, so fans can guess themselves smile

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah I might be in the minority but I thought BF contributions improved the songs mostly.

Like his version of the Catcher solo took that melody and made it consistent with the rest of the CD album so it didn't sound out of place. Admittedly the demo of catcher is generally better but I think thats to do with the piano mix rather than the guitar IMO.

His riffing on the title track main riff kicks ass.

His solo on SR is cool and I kinda like his Rhiad solo too.

I liked that we ended up with both Bucket and Bumble on there. Now imagine a line up with both of them live :0

zombux

zombux wrote:

that would absolutely BURN! too bad most people would still consider that inappropriate for Guns N' Roses, preferring Slash with some rhytm guitar player (Izzy preferred, but in the end it doesn't really matter to them).
well, that's the two approaches of the fans - some prefer the classic Guns, the others like the "NewGNR" changes smile

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

For me, the only song I can say Bumble really improved was If The World. And he did get Don't Cry back into the set list.

zombux

zombux wrote:
misterID wrote:

And he did get Don't Cry back into the set list.

and Estranged, if I remember correctly.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
zombux wrote:

well, that's the two approaches of the fans - some prefer the classic Guns, the others like the "NewGNR" changes smile

I'm the odd ball who likes everything. Slash is my favourite guitarist ever so I prefer him in GNR, but at the same time I really enjoyed Chinese Democracy and I like a lot of extreme guitar stuff like Bumble and Bucket play.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I dig some of bh stuff...i like some of Rons stuff

But for classic gnr i like it played in Slashs style...some of CD is hit and miss with me

Krissy
 Rep: -8 

Krissy wrote:

i thought there would be sharing of Guns N' Roses Chinese demos. songs mean something between people when the song is shared

Board footer