You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: Slash’s 2018 Recording Plans

IIRC the original Walking Papers album was all recorded by Barrett, Jeff and Ben and then Duff came in later and laid down the bass tracks. Wonder if they did something similar with this album?

Also, holy shit the idea of an Izzy/Jeff Angell collaboration has me salivating.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:

Duff and Ben were originally only on a few WP songs on their first album, but they re-recorded parts of it in 2013 for the re-release on a bigger label. WP2 was recorded as a full band effort, all of them in the studio together. I saw them live in 2013, so I already heard some of the new stuff and it sounded like WP2 could be an even better album than WP1. That's probably why I have been waiting so impatiently for this... smile

Just to clarify, on Duff's solo album it's not Jeff Angell, but Jeff Rouse from Loaded. But yeah, an Izzy/Jeff Angell collaboration would sound really, really interesting 3

Lomax wrote:
Vale wrote:

It was never announced but reading Barrett Martin's book makes me think they actually broke up at some point. He mentions that in 2014 "his latest rock band split". I don't know what other band that would have been. It also would make sense as their FB Updates almost died completely in 2014. Instead Duff suddenly was talking about a new solo album that he started recording with Izzy and Jeff (from Loaded), Jefferson Angell (singer of Walking Papers) then started his own project with Ben Anderson (the keyboard player of Walking Papers) and nobody was talking about WP2 anymore. .

Yeah. I remember all that commotion and I thought they had broken up too.
I'm happy they got it together. i loved the first album.

Vale wrote:

Then GN'R happened and only after Barrett's Martin book release he started talking about it in interviews again, saying that they were waiting as long as Duff would be busy with his "day job"

Very interesting. Thanks for filling all that in for me.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I think Slash should just let Kerns handle the vocals.. I have been watching his YouTube Clips and he has a good voice and a lot more venom than Myles.

Board footer