You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

Re: Guns N' Roses tour to continue through 2017(and beyond)

ClaudeF wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Wonder if we can infer from this that Move to the City is going on the setlist? Since these lyric videos are usually "the graphics created for the tour plus some lyrics slapped on top of it".

Let's hope so! If the band is looking to recapture the spirit of the early days, that track certainly fits the bill.

The first GNR bootleg I ever heard was the Perkins Palace gig, and the show's rendition of "Move to the City" was one of the things that made me realize they were a great live band.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

And unfortunately it reveals fuck all. We might as well have gotten an interview from Dizzy! Lol

LocoComa
 Rep: 4 

LocoComa wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

And unfortunately it reveals fuck all. We might as well have gotten an interview from Dizzy! Lol

Well, it at least confirms they haven't been working on anything. Not that that's a good thing, but then again, I have my doubts Axl would say anything if they were.

elevendayempire

If only GN'R did this: https://liveforlivemusic.com/news/metal … tify-data/

Mind you, I suppose Metallica has a bigger back catalogue to play with.

elevendayempire

Slash on the possibility of a new album: https://www.nme.com/news/music/slash-ne … ts-2363857

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Slash on the possibility of a new album: https://www.nme.com/news/music/slash-ne … ts-2363857

That’s about as vague as an update from Dizzy.

Clearly it’s not a priority for the red-haired guy, or Slash wouldn’t be taking off with the Conspirators

elevendayempire

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I listened to the Slash interview, sounds like he’ll be busy well in to next summer with Conspirators with the odd break due to some Alter Bridge stuff.

To his knowledge the autumn dates in Asia are the final leg of the NITL tour.

I think it’s good the question about new material was asked even if it was a kind of Ashba answer. I think that’s the first Slash has said on the subject.

I see two sides to the AC/DC rumour. I thought Axl/DC may be the best chance we had of hearing Axl on new material so the fact Brian is there reduces that. However it would have also taken his focus off GNR for 2-3 years so this way perhaps the odds of new GNR stuff increase.

Either way with slash busy til mid 2019 at least we’re talking 2020 absolute best case for new music.

elevendayempire

A Private Eye wrote:

Either way with slash busy til mid 2019 at least we’re talking 2020 absolute best case for new music.

Seems like a reasonable timeframe. I maintain that the actual process of releasing the record will be a lot quicker this time round, 'cause Axl isn't dealing with an intransigent record company/management that are stonewalling him in the hope that he "comes to his senses", breaks up his current band and reunites with the old guard.

They have the Axl/Slash/Duff line-up. They have proven commercial success and interest from the public thanks to the NITL tour. The "new music" from the AFD box has been a roaring success, and that was 30-year-old demos that didn't make the cut first time around. The minute they say they want to record and release a new album, the red carpet will be rolled out and the champagne corks will be popping at the record company.

Board footer