You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Is the ChiDem remix album dead?

monkeychow wrote:

Nice Find!

I think the cutouts were usually ex-returns. So the label produces X amount of records - sends them to stores at full price on consignment for Y months. Some sell and the label pays the artist full royalties for them. The ones that dont move  - they are returned to the label - who cut the corner and then sell them at a deep discount back to stores - who in turn slash the retail price. If they then sell - the artist gets a royalty - but a cutout rate royalty not their normal record royalty rate.  It was to move excess stock they can't sell at full price mostly.

The logic is if the label is having to discount then the band shouldn't get full price either. But some artists put clauses in their contracts that prevent the label from selling more than a certain amount at cutout prices.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Is the ChiDem remix album dead?

monkeychow wrote:

As for the remix.

The leaked sample of This I love featured (imo) a better vocal performance than the original album version. So i'd love to see something done with that.

To my taste I didn't really like any of the other remixes that I heard - brain and melissa's versions - they're just fun dance songs but to my interests not better than the originals.

I'd be interested in Slash and Duff "remixes" though - like a studio version of the way they play them live now - with the original vocals - or with the TIL remix vocals. That would be amazing. But probably won't happen either.

Board footer