You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: I hung out with Tommy and Ron in the last few weeks

monkeychow wrote:

Yes...

bumble.jpg

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

DAT PONYTAIL...

was so ridiculous, I hated it with passion!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I just wish bumble was given more of a chance to shine in the band. He's incredible. I would have been interested to see a two guitar set up with him on lead. With the 3 guitar set up and most leads going to DJ, i feel most people didn't really get to see what he's capable of in GNR.

zombux

zombux wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I just wish bumble was given more of a chance to shine in the band.

agree. but the same thing can be said about many other guys who were ever part of the band. just remember - Finckster. Buckethead. Brain. Josh Freese. Tommy. to some extent also Gilby Clarke. a grand waste of time, talents, money and fanbase patience. and in the end, we get some pseudo-reunion with zero new stuff played live, zero interviews, zero studio stuff, zero obvious enthusiasm for playing the stuff (especially by Slash and Axl, the others seem at least a bit interested). ridiculous shit. Ron knew, spent some years trying to express his disappointment with what was or rather wasn't happening, and then just left officially, after DJ and Tommy bailed out.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I don't care for Bumble's solo work.

If it were instrumental, I could maybe get into it, but his voice just is grating.

This said, Zombie makes good points. We don't know if Axl could've pushed him. Waste.

He was a real one in GNR with an eye for the fans and tip of the hat to him for that.

zombux

zombux wrote:

well, the recent stuff is... uhm... mediocre, I couldn't care less.
but I extremely like Abnormal, back in the day he recorded the recording progress to youtube, the vids are still there somewhere. I consider that his only really coherent and good album. because Normal is way too wicked, with some excellent moments and way too much filler, and Uncool is actually cool, but most of the songs are lounge covers, so not really his own album. Hands is okay, with funny moments (Drunk, Cactus). back in the day, he was releasing stuff zig-zag under Bumblefoot or Ron Thal moniker, it's a bit messy.

Board footer