You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: GNR.FM | Destruction Is Coming

bigbri wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I’m most curious about The Plague and New Work Tune

Honestly, that's all that interests me. We've heard all this other stuff for years.

The gem I really want is the 24-minute November Rain that James alluded to. Back in the day, Axl said he was going to quit the business if November Rain wasn't recorded correctly.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
bigbri wrote:

The gem I really want is the 24-minute November Rain that James alluded to. Back in the day, Axl said he was going to quit the business if November Rain wasn't recorded correctly.

That's a doozy. Didn't find the actual quote, but Mick Wall asked about it in 1990.

Kerrang: This song, ‘November Rain’, I read somewhere that you said if it wasn’t recorded to your complete satisfaction you would quit the music business....

Axl : That was then. At that time it was the most important song to me.

Kerrang : Were you serious, though, when you said you’d quit the music business if it wasn’t done right?

Axl : Yeah! That’s the fuckin’ truth, allright. But the worst part of it is, like, if you wanna look at it in a negative way, I’ve got four of these motherfuckers now, man ! I don’t know how I wrote these, but I like ‘em better than ‘November rain’! And I’m gonna crush that motherfuckin’ song, man ! But now I’ve got four of ‘em I gotta do, and they’re all big songs. We play them and we get chills. It started when I came in one day with this heavy piano part, it’s like real big, and it fits this bluesy gospel thing that was supposed to be a blues-rocker like ‘Buy me a Chevrolet’ by Foghat or something. Now it’s turned into this thing, like, ‘Take another piece of my heart’ by Janis Joplin or something....

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I remember him saying that on Stern in-between chuckles and (presumably) bong rips with Sebastian Bach.

Matt Sorum also once noted that November Rain and Estranged were one song.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

So what's the verdict on this Shadow of Your Love?

New guitars? Definitely different version of guitars, if not new.

Vocals? Probably old pro-tooled vocals.

boneshj
 Rep: 4 

boneshj wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I also disagree about the Ten remaster, that sounded great, and it was a remix by Brendan O’Brien too, and it sounded much better. Just the little bit more raw and rocking. I’m surprised you guys didn’t notice that?

I sort of agree.  The remix by BOB was great.  Unfortunately, they completely fucked up the mastering essentially ruining his work.  Brickwalled mess. 

I sure hope they don't turn this classic album in a brick walled POS for future generations.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

So what's the verdict on this Shadow of Your Love?

New guitars? Definitely different version of guitars, if not new.

Vocals? Probably old pro-tooled vocals.

Kind of a shit song and chorus but fuck Axl sounds badass on top of Modern Slash. Def new guitars. I enjoy the song more now than ever.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

PAUL TOBIAS IS BACK IN A 'HUGE' WAY!

The song has some cool sections but you can only do so much polishing to a mediocre song.

As far the AFD set, I dig the cover but the cover text is a little too big. It annoys me.

Can you guys cue me in on where you think the new guitar is? Sounds pretty much the same to me.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

PAUL TOBIAS IS BACK IN A 'HUGE' WAY!

The song has some cool sections but you can only do so much polishing to a mediocre song.

As far the AFD set, I dig the cover but the cover text is a little too big. It annoys me.

Can you guys cue me in on where you think the new guitar is? Sounds pretty much the same to me.

All the lead guitar is new IMO.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

My local modern rock station just put SOYL into rotation.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

$1000 USD? fuck that...

Edit: just listened to the SoYL video

Sounds the same as I remember...it's never been a song I've paid alot of attention to, but I'd be very surprised if that is new guitar work

Board footer