You are not logged in. Please register or login.

benny
 Rep: 0 

Re: Silkworms - General discussion and Rumors

benny wrote:

What happened to the flute sound that was at the beginning of Silkworms when it was played live?  That was the first difference I noticed.  I do like that version of Oh My God though over the End of Days soundtrack version.

AndreCC

AndreCC wrote:
benny wrote:

What happened to the flute sound that was at the beginning of Silkworms when it was played live?  That was the first difference I noticed.  I do like that version of Oh My God though over the End of Days soundtrack version.

That Bumblefoot solo is crap

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
AndreCC wrote:
benny wrote:

I agree here. the EoD version solo is excellent, no BH/BBF fits into that.

AndreCC

AndreCC wrote:
zombux wrote:
AndreCC wrote:
benny wrote:

I agree here. the EoD version solo is excellent, no BH/BBF fits into that.

I don't like the solo on the EOD version either, it's too short.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

I think that OMG is not a type of song that requires elaborate solo or solos. those short twisted guitar parts fit it nicely smile

Pacha

Pacha wrote:

Can someone PM it?? Thanks!

benny

benny wrote:
zombux wrote:

I think that OMG is not a type of song that requires elaborate solo or solos. those short twisted guitar parts fit it nicely smile

Hopefully we'll get a video of Oh My God performed live on youtube in the next week or so since it's an alternate on their setlist.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

Uni Exec had finished versions of Silkworms and Atlas In 2007.

I think they were Zoot’s versions.

I’d bet there’s a complete version out there.

If it surfaced is another thing entirely...

A couple (at least) (ex-)Uni execs in Brazil have way more than that... But from 2004.

LocoComa
 Rep: 4 

LocoComa wrote:

Yeah, really not digging that funk/disco stuff that was added to OMG. Side note, though: the idea of Slash & Duff doing it really titillates me. I feel like they'd make it more of a punchy punk rocker like they brought that vibe back to CD. Or making it sound like the second coming of Perfect Crime would be fantastic.

Silkworms I liked, but I really miss the chorus. Think the vocals need to be higher in the mix, too.

benny

benny wrote:
LocoComa wrote:

Yeah, really not digging that funk/disco stuff that was added to OMG. Side note, though: the idea of Slash & Duff doing it really titillates me. I feel like they'd make it more of a punchy punk rocker like they brought that vibe back to CD. Or making it sound like the second coming of Perfect Crime would be fantastic.

Silkworms I liked, but I really miss the chorus. Think the vocals need to be higher in the mix, too.

I agree with you about Slash & Duff.  I enjoy the way they perform Better!

Board footer