You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 281 

Re: Guns N' Roses & related STUDIO SESSIONS - a definitive collection (?)

Aussie wrote:

I suppose it doesn't hurt to list what's been "released/leaked/found" even if they are just subtle different takes or mixes.

Now to confuse you here are some more not on your list...

80379b853acf43971918.jpg

0453c6c1da42c6a5ad66.jpg

zombux
 Rep: 33 

Re: Guns N' Roses & related STUDIO SESSIONS - a definitive collection (?)

zombux wrote:

I think I more or less got it now, the real recording sessions were probably happening around Aug/Sep 1990, the stuff was mostly done around Jan 1991, later sessions were mostly small tweaks (like adding vocals here or there). and the "sessions" in UYI era are just various "snapshots" from the mixing stage. what a huge mess.

Aussie
 Rep: 281 

Re: Guns N' Roses & related STUDIO SESSIONS - a definitive collection (?)

Aussie wrote:

I think that sounds like a pretty well educated summary based on what's available out there.

FWIW that Coma mix still didn't have over half of the vocals done by the date on that DAT 2nd November 1990.  There were vocals completely missing and other parts with Axl saying:

"see and this will all be special effects shit"

Or another line

"when all I needed was clarity and somebody else to write some fucking words to this god dam song"

(at least I think that's what he said, I haven't listened to this in years and don't even know where the DAT rips are now, somewhere in the house lol).

So for example with this song most of the music was done by this date but the vocals were still quite a way from being finished.  Still fits with your timeline though, the bulk of the recording probably in mid to late 1990 and then final bits done by early 1991, then just mixing and little tweaks happening after that.

I would call Coma a Demo tho whilst stuff like Estranged were like the DAT's suggest "Rough Mixes" of close to the finished song.

zombux
 Rep: 33 

Re: Guns N' Roses & related STUDIO SESSIONS - a definitive collection (?)

zombux wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I think that sounds like a pretty well educated summary based on what's available out there.

FWIW that Coma mix still didn't have over half of the vocals done by the date on that DAT 2nd November 1990.  There were vocals completely missing and other parts with Axl saying:

"see and this will all be special effects shit"

Or another line

"when all I needed was clarity and somebody else to write some fucking words to this god dam song"

(at least I think that's what he said, I haven't listened to this in years and don't even know where the DAT rips are now, somewhere in the house lol).

So for example with this song most of the music was done by this date but the vocals were still quite a way from being finished.  Still fits with your timeline though, the bulk of the recording probably in mid to late 1990 and then final bits done by early 1991, then just mixing and little tweaks happening after that.

I would call Coma a Demo tho whilst stuff like Estranged were like the DAT's suggest "Rough Mixes" of close to the finished song.

care to share the rips? because I don't think those are circulating publicly...

Aussie
 Rep: 281 

Re: Guns N' Roses & related STUDIO SESSIONS - a definitive collection (?)

Aussie wrote:

As I said I'm not even sure where they are, I haven't dug a heap of my old stuff out in years. 

The whole hideously expensive AFD boxset has made me start wishing I had a complete chronicled copy of every song out there - just like your list.

FWIW I did share the Q Sound and other Ruff stuff years ago tho wink

zombux
 Rep: 33 

Re: Guns N' Roses & related STUDIO SESSIONS - a definitive collection (?)

zombux wrote:
Aussie wrote:

As I said I'm not even sure where they are, I haven't dug a heap of my old stuff out in years. 

The whole hideously expensive AFD boxset has made me start wishing I had a complete chronicled copy of every song out there - just like your list.

FWIW I did share the Q Sound and other Ruff stuff years ago tho wink

oh yes, I remember those from the day they surfaced in the forums smile
would be awesome to have more if there is more...
I'll add the info from those tapes into the table later today.

if neccessary, I can get the right people to do high quality transfers.

AndreCC
 Rep: 0 

Re: Guns N' Roses & related STUDIO SESSIONS - a definitive collection (?)

AndreCC wrote:

Those tapes look so awesome! A piece of History!

Is there anyway to have them? or have them ripped?

zombux
 Rep: 33 

Re: Guns N' Roses & related STUDIO SESSIONS - a definitive collection (?)

zombux wrote:

sheet updated. I've included info from the tapes above + from some others I was able to find.

Re: Guns N' Roses & related STUDIO SESSIONS - a definitive collection (?)

imsorry wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I suppose it doesn't hurt to list what's been "released/leaked/found" even if they are just subtle different takes or mixes.

Now to confuse you here are some more not on your list...

https://www.use.com/images/s_2/80379b853acf43971918.jpg

https://www.use.com/images/s_2/0453c6c1da42c6a5ad66.jpg

11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11

zombux
 Rep: 33 

Re: Guns N' Roses & related STUDIO SESSIONS - a definitive collection (?)

zombux wrote:

I got these photos from a source. he bought the tapes in the past but they turned out to be fake. but he said at least the inserts look genuine, same writing style and all as the ones Aussie uploaded here.

received_2054583677886736.jpg
received_2054583701220067.jpg
received_2054583724553398.jpg
received_2054583734553397.jpg
received_2054583747886729.jpg
received_2054583761220061.jpg
received_2054583771220060.jpg
received_2054583781220059.jpg

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB