You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Happy 10th anniversary, Chinese Democracy!

johndivney wrote:

What if he ain’t crazy?
Still crazy after all these years. Just a little more sedated.
I wanna be sedated.


Slash wasn’t running his mouth from ‘95 onwards?? Tho he kinda was.. + damage was done & took this long to heal whatever the wounds were & clarify the bs. + his ex wife + Scott.
Izzy was short changed re NITL but he was first to walk so gotta pay the price I guess..?? Third Guitar Man!

& for all the excuses how come he never decided there’s no time like the present? We seem to have given him every other excuse.
He couldn’t get his head right. Couldn’t handle his own ego, the reasons for that are numerous & done to death & decisions made.

Great album tho. The guy knows his rock n roll. Long live the king!

Re: Happy 10th anniversary, Chinese Democracy!

johndivney wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:

finck talked about how frustrated he was working on instrumental songs with no titles.

personally, i'd LOVE to hear those. those guys killed hundreds of hours in the studio waiting for axl to show up. i can only imagine they put together some monster instrumentals.

i want to hear what they jammed on after taking this photo:

https://i.imgur.com/8ZhpLkj.jpg

it really is crazy... the amount of material recorded by guns n roses compared to the amount of material the band released is absolutely disproportionate.

is there any other band like that?

zombux is right though... we're never gonna hear shit. it's just really unfortunate because axl assembled a mutant team of the world's most talented freaks and we only heard a fucking fraction of what they put together.

zombux wrote:

yep, totally agree. what a waste of... pretty much everything involved - people, talents, time, money, everything.

Totally disagree.
The last thing the world needs is demos of Robin Finck on lead guitar.
CD was worth it. If TWAT was all that ever arrived it was worth the $13mil.

Yea there’s maybe cool tunes in the vault (there isn’t) but so what? There was far more spillage & wastefulness than anything worth saving. You really don’t want to hear the instrumentals of Finck/Tommy/Freese. If you do you really need other interests.

esoterica
 Rep: 68 

Re: Happy 10th anniversary, Chinese Democracy!

esoterica wrote:

I'd rather listen to Finck/Freese leftovers than Slash or Duff solo albums.

PaSnow
 Rep: 197 

Re: Happy 10th anniversary, Chinese Democracy!

PaSnow wrote:
johndivney wrote:

CD was worth it. If TWAT was all that ever arrived it was worth the $13mil.

Lol, yeah. If you're just a fan and not a CFO/CEO/Controller of a record label.

esoterica
 Rep: 68 

Re: Happy 10th anniversary, Chinese Democracy!

esoterica wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
johndivney wrote:

CD was worth it. If TWAT was all that ever arrived it was worth the $13mil.

Lol, yeah. If you're just a fan and not a CFO/CEO/Controller of a record label.

I'm not convinced anyone cares.

It's goes without saying you want a return on your investment but between the constant shifting of pockets from Geffen to Interscope to UMG and then Azoff recouping the principle on something that's already a sunk cost, I'm sure the suits were happy enough to find $20 in their couch cushions.

I also think Axl spends money like water because he's seen behind the curtain.

Neemo
 Rep: 480 

Re: Happy 10th anniversary, Chinese Democracy!

Neemo wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

I'd rather listen to Finck/Freese leftovers than Slash or Duff solo albums.

To each their own i guess...slash is my favorite alltime guitarist and finck...isn't...lol

Freese is a damn good drummer...but i dont follow aband cuz of their drummer...and i think he is more of a session guy than anything...he plays on all kinds of stuff

Duff rocks but his solo stuff is hit and miss for me

zombux
 Rep: 33 

Re: Happy 10th anniversary, Chinese Democracy!

zombux wrote:

at this point, I think we'll be happy to get at least something, no matter who will be playing there, or how old or re-recorded it will be.
but there's the biggest issue - it's not really about WHEN, but rather IF.

Neemo
 Rep: 480 

Re: Happy 10th anniversary, Chinese Democracy!

Neemo wrote:

Pretty much zombux

A Private Eye
 Rep: 76 

Re: Happy 10th anniversary, Chinese Democracy!

johndivney wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:

finck talked about how frustrated he was working on instrumental songs with no titles.

personally, i'd LOVE to hear those. those guys killed hundreds of hours in the studio waiting for axl to show up. i can only imagine they put together some monster instrumentals.

i want to hear what they jammed on after taking this photo:

https://i.imgur.com/8ZhpLkj.jpg

it really is crazy... the amount of material recorded by guns n roses compared to the amount of material the band released is absolutely disproportionate.

is there any other band like that?

zombux is right though... we're never gonna hear shit. it's just really unfortunate because axl assembled a mutant team of the world's most talented freaks and we only heard a fucking fraction of what they put together.

zombux wrote:

yep, totally agree. what a waste of... pretty much everything involved - people, talents, time, money, everything.

Totally disagree.
The last thing the world needs is demos of Robin Finck on lead guitar.
CD was worth it. If TWAT was all that ever arrived it was worth the $13mil.

Yea there’s maybe cool tunes in the vault (there isn’t) but so what? There was far more spillage & wastefulness than anything worth saving. You really don’t want to hear the instrumentals of Finck/Tommy/Freese. If you do you really need other interests.

That’s pretty much my take on it as well. For years it was ‘wait to hear what Finck etc have done in the studio it’ll blow everyone’s mind’. Then CD came out, which really was the window to drop the best stuff, and whilst it was ok with a couple of gems in there I don’t think minds were exactly blown.

Now it’s the unheard stuff still in the vault and not deemed good enough for the first album that must be incredible.

Maybe.

But it’s equally possible a group of what amounted to above average studio musicians with zero chemistry, vision or direction produced not that much worthy of note at all and it’s sat in a vault for a reason.

Re: Happy 10th anniversary, Chinese Democracy!

Sky Dog wrote:

That shows very little faith in Axl’s ability....I figure what is in the vault will be similar to Chinese in quality just as Uyi1 is with Uyi2. hmm

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB