You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: I will post a leak

PaSnow wrote:
TrixAreForKids wrote:

Wow, what's going on? Can I get a pm? Did all 20 cd's leak?

I don't think so. I just wanna put that or anything to bed. The poster has a -2 rating but I recall them seeming to have some sort of 'code' speak, don't recall what. Knew song titles or something. But AFAIK nothing leaked.

Longtime
 Rep: 0 

Longtime wrote:

I don't believe in hoarding, but forums will take down links, so here is pro-shot Chinese from the HOB show. Get on it!

https://we.tl/t-bHaUvwHxUg

Enjoy!

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
LocoComa wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

2 things.

1. I agree it's a great stuff. Not epic, but great, or really good. Not saying it's White Album or AFD, but it would've sold well, and been fairly positively received. Think back to the era as well, 99-2000. It was post grunge, where I don't think even original Guns might've pulled off a decent release from 93-95, the music industry changed. Maybe they could've fit as a quasi AIC-Metallica mix & fanbase.  Anyway, 99-00 was alot of Korn, Limp Bizkit type Drop D tuning chords, Creed was still big, and one hit wonders cover bands. People would have accepted this nuGuns, most would've liked the music, and given Axl credit for pulling it off, albeit some hate him for destroying the original band. Ashame tho, cause it would've created a great rivalry for VR & maybe challenged them to create some better epics, expecially on their followup album, but it didn't seem to have that motivation.

2. I think Axl's partially nuts. Like obsessive compulsive, couldn't put out these songs until they were tweaked over & over again, loved tinkering with the smallest of issues, and probably would fall into & out of his creative groove and walk away doing nothing for months at a time. Not lazy, just like someone trying to write a book not wanting to force it, rather waiting until inspiration hits to begin writing again.

There's definitely proof that Axl is OCD about recording, going all the way back to the recording of AFD and recording each song line-by-line. Then there's how long he kicked around November Rain trying to get it perfect.

However, I fully believe that the obsession with Chinese was all brought on by Iovine and Ezrin shooting him down. With him by all accounts being like a beaten dog prior to the recording of it, then finally mustering up the courage to start writing, forming his vision, and recording it - basically rebuilding his confidence from the ground up. Then to just have it all shattered again in one fell swoop by being told it's all shit, and he should pretty much give up. And Bucket leaves. And VR blows up.

So he has to keep tinkering. He has to get it perfect. He NEEDS to prove these songs are good. They're worth it. And shit just kept going around in circles. Axl probably wanted to bury it after 2006 came and went. UMG didn't give a shit and wanted their reunion and to recoup the money they sank into it. So, we got what we got.

That's also why I don't think we'll hear any legitimate news on new music until it's literally about to come out, if it does happen. I can't even say I blame Axl for it, after the amount of pressure that the whole saga incurred on him.

Good point, although I think a label would've released an album similar to this around 99-04, so I think we might be selling record companies a bit short by blaming them so much. Axl was never going to be Bizkit or Korn, but CITR, The Blues, Hardschool even CD are decent enough songs & have good rythym & melodies, maybe ballads weren't much of a thing 99 but they would've been recognized as good. I recall him not being so good live though, and probably had some issues mentally at the time as well with putting himself out there again. Still, why didn't he play some of these on the 2002 tour?  Even the 06-10 years wasn't it mostly old UYI & AFD covers with 3 CD songs?

I do agree he had some bad timing, by 99 Guns seemed forever ago. BH leaving, VR starting etc, then 06 CD essentially leaked anyway & was done/near-done.  Then ultimately 08. Possibly he chose not to agree to a followup 09-10 release but imho he should've put out a double album to solidify it & give his post AFD legitimacy instead of the Ashba years shit.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

In Axl's defense, rock stars must reach the highest highs humans can reach, whether chemically induced or not. You look at Chris Cornell, who must have had trouble not reaching those highs again, so it had to be a tough period.

-2 reputation? That was the butthearted Dadud and some of his fatty friends.

Anyway, I'm gone. Good luck.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
The Nasty AtlasCheckmate wrote:

-2 reputation? That was the butthearted Dadud and some of his fatty friends.

Anyway, I'm gone. Good luck.

Not knocking you bud, just didn't want this board flooded with rumors about more stuff leaked.

I WANT A FUCKING LEAK!!!!

C'MON, YOU HOARDERS.

I WANT A FUCKING LEAK GOD DAMN IT

AND I WANT IT NOW!!!!!

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:
Hidden Text:

COME BACK NUMBERS WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!

GNRVahland