You are not logged in. Please register or login.

otto
 Rep: 83 

Re: Chinese Democracy's unreleased sister album "PRL"

otto wrote:
zombux wrote:
otto wrote:

There is Beltrami and other instrumentations prior to October 2002. His tenure with GNR ended by October 2002.

care to elaborate a bit more on that? I can't do the research on my own at the moment.
it would help me improve the sheet of sessions
thanks! smile

Sure.
It was posted on Beltrami's official site by October 2002 that he had worked on "several GNR songs" and then some titles. That was only the post date but not when it actually occurred.
Also, both Beltrami and Paul Buckmaster composed several parts (not just orchestration) for GNR and some are guitar parts, intros, musical pieces and so on. Their involvement started in or around 2000 (I'd believe Buckmaster's was earlier than that, as The Blues, TWAT and so on already contain his parts on '99 versions).
Thyme is/was not a song and just a piece written by Beltrami. Think of it like "The General" intro - playback was presented several times on tour -  as it was an instrumental piece that got used in a song. Thyme was the name of a piece.

otto

otto wrote:
otto wrote:
zombux wrote:
otto wrote:

There is Beltrami and other instrumentations prior to October 2002. His tenure with GNR ended by October 2002.

care to elaborate a bit more on that? I can't do the research on my own at the moment.
it would help me improve the sheet of sessions
thanks! smile

Sure.
It was posted on Beltrami's official site by October 2002 that he had worked on "several GNR songs" and then some titles. That was only the post date but not when it actually occurred.
Also, both Beltrami and Paul Buckmaster composed several parts (not just orchestration) for GNR and some are guitar parts, intros, musical pieces and so on. Their involvement started in or around 2000 (I'd believe Buckmaster's was earlier than that, as The Blues, TWAT and so on already contain his parts on '99 versions).
Thyme is/was not a song and just a piece written by Beltrami. Think of it like "The General" intro - playback was presented several times on tour -  as it was an instrumental piece that got used in a song. Thyme was the name of a piece.

https://web.archive.org/web/20021120050 … trami.com/

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

@otto: still I find it a bit strange. Chinese Whispers only talk about involvement of those two in summer (likely July) 2002. so I find it hard to believe one or both those were involved already some years earlier. is there some source for that information? cuz I can't find any...

otto

otto wrote:
zombux wrote:

@otto: still I find it a bit strange. Chinese Whispers only talk about involvement of those two in summer (likely July) 2002. so I find it hard to believe one or both those were involved already some years earlier. is there some source for that information? cuz I can't find any...

Besides the 99/2000 leaks that already have orchestration that are credited to Buckmaster on CD, leaks that have orchestration and are not on CD, a bit of stitching together the timelines to fit this and some anecdotal evidence, no. Nothing else I can source this directly as of now.

otto

otto wrote:
otto wrote:
Gagarin wrote:

And what on Earth does PRL mean. Please respect...life? Peace, respect, love? People really low? Practice, rough, love.

The song previously known as P.R.L. is the same as Perhaps.

I've got this confused/wrong/was misled. Whatever.

otto wrote:

Thyme is not even a song and just the name of the instrumental arrangement.

Got this correct tho smile

Swampfox
 Rep: 0 

Swampfox wrote:

Legend Red Panda backwards?

Board footer