You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Ion U

Sky Dog wrote:

Interesting...that chorus definitely has potential for something! tongue

All these Nin wannabe excursions are prime material for a solo album.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

harmon420 wrote:

I think I really like this. Although the word macdaddy is cringeworthy, it's a catchy song.

This and Hardschool are definitely the two catchiest songs from the leaks so far. I could see Eye On You having real hit potential, if GN'R were to take it and work it up. It needs verse lyrics and a solo, obviously. And Axl needs to be restrained from sticking a two-minute ambient intro on there, or suddenly whacking in a jazz bridge section in 7/8 time signature from another song idea he has floating around.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Actually, y'know what would be really cool – especially in a live setting? If Axl just sang the "mack daddy" bit and someone else took on the lead vocal for the verses, 14 Years style. Get Duff or Melissa to do it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

This is basically Blood In The Water, but good. My first thought was "this must be what Shaq rapped on." Basically Axl just screwing around with loops. That chorus is pure James Bond. The black James Bond.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

This is one of the songs I've heard way way back.

This demo, though, is way in its infancy. I'd bet the "ay ayyy ayaaaaay ay" are just mark ups to add lyrics later.

benny
 Rep: 0 

benny wrote:

Any chance for a PM?

atlashrugs
 Rep: -6 

atlashrugs wrote:
otto wrote:

This demo, though, is way in its infancy. I'd bet the "ay ayyy ayaaaaay ay" are just mark ups to add lyrics later.

you've heard eye on you way way back?

AtariLegend wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

All these Nin wannabe excursions are prime material for a solo album.

I was almost as a big Nine Inch Nails fan as a gn'r fan growing up.

State of Grace is the only one that sounds like a Nine Inch Nails track from back then (that we've heard).

I like Eye on You. Think it could have been turned into something. Sounds again like it's of it's era.

These tracks are so 1990's I get a little deja vu hearing some. Could easily imagine ioy on a ost of a late 90's film during end credits.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

State of Grace is the only one that sounds like a Nine Inch Nails track from back then (that we've heard).

^This. First one I've heard where I actually think a song sounds like NIN in anyway. Interested to hear more like it.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
atlashrugs wrote:
otto wrote:

you've heard eye on you way way back?

I'm pretty sure an industry mate of his played some tracks for him a few years back.

Board footer