You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Who leaked these songs and why?

Aussie wrote:

Zutaut didn’t auction off the contents of his locker, he forfeited them when he didn’t pay his bill.

Presumably the storage locker company then auctioned off the contents.

i know a little bit of lazy journalism from TMZ there

seniorabreu87
 Rep: 0 

can anyone hook an old head gnr fan up?

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:
Vale wrote:

Back in the very early 2000s (before The Project and the VR sessions) Izzy recorded a solo album with Duff and Slash that has never seen the light of day.

Slash said that he wrote and recorded a total of five songs with Stradlin in November around the holidays, but the songs still require about a day's worth of "fixing," as well as background vocals. Meanwhile, McKagan said that he's laid down the bass tracks for an album's worth of songs in two different sessions in November and December at a studio in Los Angeles.

"Me and Slash are just the session guys, man," McKagan said, laughing. "I just went in and did bass tracks for the first three songs in an hour and kept at it."

Izzy then went on and released 'On Down The Road' instead. Also a couple of years before 'Fire' there was talk of an acoustic album that never surfaced and I think at some point there even was talk of a Rarities collection.

Izzy from a Q&A with the Izzy fan board back in the day:

6. Is there any chance that some unreleased projects (acoustic album, Slash/Duff album etc.) will see the daylight some day?

yes,i have a few ideas.....06/07 release of some cool stuff possible.

10. How did you find out about the "Like A Dog" petition on the internet?

e-mail from somewhere?.............i`m thinking of releasing entire catalog of solo materials,1993-2006,plus out takes and some bonus material.looking for a cool label to make this happen

unfortunately none of that has ever materialized

Someone once said that the songs got used on their solo albums or VR. Ghost is an Izzy song isn’t it? Bomb has the same riff as a VR song.
I always thought Slash and Duff played on Like A Dog.

But as I remember Scott Weiland rejected some Bad Company sounding songs when he joined VR, Izzy was playing with them before that. Then there’s the 96 material that was sounding great but never used. Did Hardschool come from that?

Questions are only inverted answers.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:

Who is that coughing during the feedback outro on Perhaps??

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
deadsouth wrote:

Who is that coughing during the feedback outro on Perhaps??

Maybe Buckethead's dog right before it pooped? Lol

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

The Chicken Coop Scandal

Board footer