You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: The Best of Rough Mixes Disc 1, Elimination Series Round 3

misterID wrote:
wasted2019-2028 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Riad solo is pretty fucking savage...that and Maddy? Either way Riad is wicked here. I simply don’t get how Gnr fans don’t like this song. hmm

They wanted hard rock, Axl doing nu metal was heresy.

Rhiad is the very antithesis of nu metal. All of Chinese Democracy is. The Blues is about as Classic as you get. Nu metal bands play down tuned guitars and no solos. I never understood that comparison.

Vote off your least favorite track

Madagascar 4%
There Was A Time 33%
Atlas Shrugged 15%
Perhaps 4%
Prostitute 15%
Catcher in the Rye 11%
Chinese Democracy 7%
The Blues 11%
Total votes: 27
Pacha
 Rep: 0 

Pacha wrote:
James wrote:

Damn. Riad didn't deserve such an early exit. It was one of two bad ass rockers on this early version of the album.

I Agree with that

I voted for TWAT. That version sucks. Bucket put the song in other level bucket

Sky Dog wrote:

Riad is Led  Zep on steroids mixed with a little Praxis flavor once Bucket and Brain got involved. This version is just raw rock.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

I dig Perhaps but that mix is actually a little obnoxious.

You monsters... Riad had a bright future ahead of itself and you murdered it!

IzqCyk.gif

AtariLegend wrote:

Voting closed.

There Was A Time is eliminated.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:
misterID wrote:
wasted2019-2028 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Riad solo is pretty fucking savage...that and Maddy? Either way Riad is wicked here. I simply don’t get how Gnr fans don’t like this song. hmm

They wanted hard rock, Axl doing nu metal was heresy.

Rhiad is the very antithesis of nu metal. All of Chinese Democracy is. The Blues is about as Classic as you get. Nu metal bands play down tuned guitars and no solos. I never understood that comparison.

Yeah nu metal is too specific. But that is what people were saying. Riad is more RATM maybe, but it does have a cyclical riff of a Korn song but it’s more compressed like Holy Bible era Manics - then Immigrant Song was the stronger vibe overall, I never pinned Riad that well.

Chi dem was more like RATM or MM playing Nirvana. But people used nu metal to cover all alt rock styles. It’s more what CD wasn’t than what it was so people would say it sucks it’s just nu metal. Nu metal was used as a negative pejorative But if CD is one thing it’s not one thing. Each song has about 5-6 things going on. The Sgt Peppers of Alt Rock.

Shackler’s might be the most nu metal, Korn Zombie but it also reminds me of YCBM and I got this Muse thing from some of the guitar. It’s all so blended to say that’s just numetal. That’s something the recent leaks don’t have as much, they are mostly in one style per track.

Board footer