You are not logged in. Please register or login.

KitchenFinck
 Rep: 0 

Re: Rough Mixes Disc 2

KitchenFinck wrote:

Can anyone drop me a PM?

benny

benny wrote:

Now that we've heard all of the rough mixes discs from 2000, you can see how when Axl and the new lineup started the world tour in 2002 and did the VMA performance, they really thought they had an album that was ready to go.  Instead thanks to management and the label it took 6 more years, track listing changes and over-producing the tracks until the album was finally released.

kyrie

kyrie wrote:

Would greatly appreciate a PM for this one!

AtariLegend wrote:

Even Sorry is way better on this than what was released. Musically at least.

benny

benny wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Even Sorry is way better on this than what was released. Musically at least.

I'd imagine this version of Sorry kicks even more ass with lyrics than it already does as an instrumental.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Ahem...

AtariLegend wrote:
Izzyjim wrote:

Tonto kinda sounds like a quicker version of another song we've heard, I'm not sure which thought.

There's multiple parts out of all these songs throughout the discs, that sound like tracks I've heard years ago. It's like deja vu, but I don't know what it is each are from. I think it's just the ears playing tricks.

This is all very 90's. That's still cool though.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

nvm, got hold of it. Looking forward to the inevitable remixes of "Shankler's Revenge" and "I'm Sorry" using the Rock Band vocals...

misterID

misterID wrote:

Thanks!

Got to figure out the names of these tracks now

misterID

misterID wrote:

Tracks 4,7 and 8 are awesome. I disagree with the ITW and Sorry consensus, I really like the finished product. Really, had he just dropped Ron, switched TIL with Tommy demo #1 I would have lost my fanboy mind for that album.

CD II had so much potential. sad

The good news is that the Chairman doesn't seem to be done.

Board footer