You are not logged in. Please register or login.

atlashrugs
 Rep: -6 

Re: disappointed in axl and fernando

atlashrugs wrote:

what proof do we have it was rick who leaked the discs? it could be anybody. rick bought a copy of the discs. i've yet to see proof he is leaking everything we've been getting. axl and fernando shouldn't ban a fan for life and threaten arrest until they have proof.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

atlashrugs wrote:

what proof do we have it was rick who leaked the discs? it could be anybody. rick bought a copy of the discs. i've yet to see proof he is leaking everything we've been getting. axl and fernando shouldn't ban a fan for life and threaten arrest until they have proof.

Wtf?

If you’re going to claim you leaked the songs you’ve got to accept the potential heat that follows. If he made it up just for the attention then more fool him, it’s back fired big time.

The leaks are great but I dont blame GNR for not giving someone who claims to be the leaker the VIP treatment. What kind of message would that send anyway?

LocoComa
 Rep: 4 

LocoComa wrote:
atlashrugs wrote:

Rick himself pretty much admitted to leaking Hard School and Atlas on the Discord.

Aside from that, he was the one proclaiming he was driving 14 hours or whatever to get the discs. And everything starts leaking right after he acquires them. Whether he did it personally or not, he's the reason they got into other people's hands and shit started rolling down hill.

To do that and brag about getting VIP passes on social media... I mean, yeah, he really is lucky he isn't facing a lawsuit and jail time.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
atlashrugs wrote:

Rick might not have personally uploaded the songs but he's still responsible if he gave copies of the 19 discs to anyone.

I think Atari pretty much nailed it.

He'll still be able to attend if he keeps a low profile.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

We don’t necessarily have life left but that is kind of irrelevant to artistic rights.

I’ve bin thinking that if it was that they were about to release this stuff wouldn’t lawyers and rec comp be involved? So it seems more personal or something. But it seems like good promo. However maybe they are playing Locomotive instead of anew track because of the leaks. Maybe the issue is when stuff leaks rec comp loses interest and then they have to do something new.

atlashrugs
 Rep: -6 

atlashrugs wrote:

everybody from the forums has the discs. is the next step for axl and fernando to ban everybody from the online forums from the concerts? rick is a matyr. making the ultimate sacrifice for the fans. he's a hero. we should celebrate and salute him. not ban him from concerts. if it wasn't for patriots like rick we would have no clue about hardschool, atlas shrugged, state of grace, perhaps, eye on you, first version of silkworms without BBF, going down with tommy n' axl, other tommy song, the robin inside out demo, quicksong with non lyrical vocals, nothing, and so much more. was axl or fernando ever going to let us hear this stuff? they were going to keep it buried forever. that's not fair since axl has no intention of dropping an album anytime soon.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
wasted2019-2028 wrote:

We don’t necessarily have life left but that is kind of irrelevant to artistic rights.

I’ve bin thinking that if it was that they were about to release this stuff wouldn’t lawyers and rec comp be involved? So it seems more personal or something. But it seems like good promo. However maybe they are playing Locomotive instead of anew track because of the leaks. Maybe the issue is when stuff leaks rec comp loses interest and then they have to do something new.

That's what happened last time with Skwerl, but I think it was more that they had everything ready to go and were just waiting for a good time. Also, with this being so old, they'd have even more issues than they had prosecuting Skwerl, because you have to be able to prove the person knowingly or could reasonably assume that commercial release was imminent. Hard to do with 20+ year old demos.

Will

Will wrote:
atlashrugs wrote:

everybody from the forums has the discs. is the next step for axl and fernando to ban everybody from the online forums from the concerts? rick is a matyr. making the ultimate sacrifice for the fans. he's a hero. we should celebrate and salute him. not ban him from concerts. if it wasn't for patriots like rick we would have no clue about hardschool, [...] nothing, and so much more. was axl or fernando ever going to let us hear this stuff? they were going to keep it buried forever. that's not fair since axl has no intention of dropping an album anytime soon.

Why would they ban everyone else from the forums? 14 There's a huge difference between fans who download illegal material, and fans who upload illegal material.

None of us would have these discs if it weren't for Rick, I think most of us do appreciate that and we're greatful.

strat0 wrote:

Also, with this being so old, they'd have even more issues than they had prosecuting Skwerl, because you have to be able to prove the person knowingly or could reasonably assume that commercial release was imminent. Hard to do with 20+ year old demos.

I'm not sure that's how copyright works. Whether it is planned for commercial release surely has no relevance? Just because its not planned for release now doesn't mean it won't be released in future.

GN'R have sold over 100 million records worldwide, and made hundreds of millions from touring. It wouldn't be hard to prove that these 19 discs had potential commercial value if released officially. Because of the leaks that value has now dropped, probably quite significantly.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:
Will wrote:

I'm not sure that's how copyright works. Whether it is planned for commercial release surely has no relevance? Just because its not planned for release now doesn't mean it won't be released in future.

GN'R have sold over 100 million records worldwide, and made hundreds of millions from touring. It wouldn't be hard to prove that these 19 discs had potential commercial value if released officially. Because of the leaks that value has now dropped, probably quite significantly.

In order to mount a legal case per the Skwerl debacle, the prosecution must prove it was destined for imminent commercial release, which it is not.

At the end of the day, maybe 500 people downloaded this stuff and presuming its released one day, the people who are going to buy are going to buy and people who are going to download are going to download.

And it’s hitting Spotify day 0 for free listening anyway, so it’s all crying over spilled milk.

Will

Will wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

In order to mount a legal case per the Skwerl debacle, the prosecution must prove it was destined for imminent commercial release, which it is not.

That's pretty interesting, thanks. I do find it a little odd that it must be set for imminent release, I wouldn't have thought there'd be a timescale applied.

Board footer