You are not logged in. Please register or login.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

Re: Double Talkin Jive - Sorum’s New Book

wasted wrote:

I’ve stopped reading rock bios for some reason. I stopped the VH one half way, I’ve kind of got it now, drugs, success, drugs, sober. I’m kind of waiting for Axl’s memoirs, there must be some untold stories there, but it also could be record industry contract poetry. To sign or not to sign. That is question. Poor Slash I knew him well.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
wasted wrote:

I’ve stopped reading rock bios for some reason. I stopped the VH one half way, I’ve kind of got it now, drugs, success, drugs, sober. I’m kind of waiting for Axl’s memoirs, there must be some untold stories there, but it also could be record industry contract poetry. To sign or not to sign. That is question. Poor Slash I knew him well.

For me, Keith Richards Life is great. Def worth a read. Bruce Springsteens was pretty bland and sounded like he didnt wanna talk and was annoyed so the ghostwriter struggled to make chapters or of pretty big events

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Fuck Sorum.

Oh.... what did he do to you bro? sad

Sky Dog wrote:

Heavy handed meathead? tongue

wasted

wasted wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
wasted wrote:

For me, Keith Richards Life is great. Def worth a read. Bruce Springsteens was pretty bland and sounded like he didnt wanna talk and was annoyed so the ghostwriter struggled to make chapters or of pretty big events

Keef’s was one I considered, but I realized I’ve read a lot of Stones books and he comes off as a bit of poser. He used to be the coolest but I got over the whole down to earth drug vet thing. But I mean I enjoyed Megadave’s Mustaine bio so maybe I’m just jealous.

I always liked Diamond’s Crazy from the Heat and Manson’s Long Hard Road kind of delivered, I was suitable shocked and intrigued.

Stephen Pearcy’s was also good. I started the VH one and couldn’t go on. Partied out on rock books. I read that Mick Walk’s Last of the Giants too. Scar Tissue the Chili Pepper guy was good. Then there was Duff’s first book and Slash’s book. Plus Artie Langes book which are like the gold standard of I’m a successful fuck up books.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I do wanna read Scar Tissue & Slashd i still never read somehow. Not a Artie Lange fan very much but ill consider it.

wasted

wasted wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I do wanna read Scar Tissue & Slashd i still never read somehow. Not a Artie Lange fan very much but ill consider it.

Dylan’s Chronicle is also good collection of stories which shed some light, Peter Criss” book was good fun and made Gene and Stanley look like dicks but also right. Slash’s book is typical Slash, somehow seems to be right about everything while drinking fucking vodka on the floor in the morning.

Board footer