You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Covid 19

buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:
misterID wrote:

Someone showed up at your meeting sick?

Yessir, aparently its croup cough, not covid, but now i dunno what to do, i have remote access so maybe I'll just err on the side of caution for a few days...

I work at home all the time, but our company and many others have told people to work from home if it's at all possible.  they aren't "mandating" it, but it's strongly encouraged and managers are pushing employees that are resisting to do it anyway.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

I am now remote too for the forseeable... this is gonna be an interesting few months - if not longer.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Philadelphia is in full lockdown. All businesses, offices, bars & restaurants, retail etc ordered to close 5pm today. I'm now remote as well.

I heard all the talk of schools shutting down, its likely for the year. They're closed 2 weeks here for now, but I heard this isn't going to hold up & will likely extend 6-8 weeks, then until the summer if its still bad.

This is unprecedented, never thought I'd live thru something like this. I hope it passes thru fairly soon & that my parents are ok.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I can't believe how cavalier you're being about this...you're saying just because this has never been done before that we shouldn't by doing it now? Nobody knows what they're doing except for you?

We're going on lock down here in Illinois. Now Neemo says Canada is on red alert.

Trump is the one who said this thing is going away on its own. I don't want to hear one more word from him. Someone should quarantine his mouth.

You'll likely have a great excuse as to why this was all so stupid in a couple months. Meanwhile, here in the real world, lots of us have obligations to adhere to...if you wan to go rogue, by all means.

I'm hearing rumors that they're about to deploy the national guard. As I said before...no one wants this happen...but it's fuckin' happening man.

I can't believe you can't believe it.  I've always (ALWAYS) been about personal freedoms.  Finally you can understand that I don't give a fuck what Trump says.  Take responsibility for yourself.  If you're at risk or live with people at risk, don't go out.  Keep at risk people in homes and hospitals quarantined.  It's done bro.  Healthy people can handle it just fine until it goes away on it's own in a month or whenever these things always go away. Trump doesn't know dick and neither do all the so called experts.  Go back and ready everything I wrote...nowhere did I claim to have the solution.  Nobody does, and that's the point.  We're having all this collateral damage that you're perfectly okay with because people refuse to take care of themselves.  I'm not okay with giving up my freedoms because you're a dumbass (not you specifically for once mitch, but the idiots that are at risk, yet put themselves at risk anyway).

Man this is dumb. You don't 'know' if you're susceptible or not, people in their 30s & 40s are dying from it. Plus you can 'carry' it, and pass it on to someone else. Imagine an elderly couple behind you in the market to pickup a gallon of milk, and you spread it to them by using the credit card keypad entering your PIN, or holding the door.  1918 was exactly this, and they were holding parades & being out & about & couldn't figure out why it wasn't going away.  It eventually mysteriously went away in November after quaranteening was implemented.

To say "I"m healthy" and go out & about is idiotic, and directly against what will stop this. YOU WILL PASS IT ON TO OTHERS!! Also, it's summer in Australia, and bad there. So it won't just go away when its warmer out.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I can't believe how cavalier you're being about this...you're saying just because this has never been done before that we shouldn't by doing it now? Nobody knows what they're doing except for you?

We're going on lock down here in Illinois. Now Neemo says Canada is on red alert.

Trump is the one who said this thing is going away on its own. I don't want to hear one more word from him. Someone should quarantine his mouth.

You'll likely have a great excuse as to why this was all so stupid in a couple months. Meanwhile, here in the real world, lots of us have obligations to adhere to...if you wan to go rogue, by all means.

I'm hearing rumors that they're about to deploy the national guard. As I said before...no one wants this happen...but it's fuckin' happening man.

I can't believe you can't believe it.  I've always (ALWAYS) been about personal freedoms.  Finally you can understand that I don't give a fuck what Trump says.  Take responsibility for yourself.  If you're at risk or live with people at risk, don't go out.  Keep at risk people in homes and hospitals quarantined.  It's done bro.  Healthy people can handle it just fine until it goes away on it's own in a month or whenever these things always go away. Trump doesn't know dick and neither do all the so called experts.  Go back and ready everything I wrote...nowhere did I claim to have the solution.  Nobody does, and that's the point.  We're having all this collateral damage that you're perfectly okay with because people refuse to take care of themselves.  I'm not okay with giving up my freedoms because you're a dumbass (not you specifically for once mitch, but the idiots that are at risk, yet put themselves at risk anyway).

Man this is dumb. You don't 'know' if you're susceptible or not, people in their 30s & 40s are dying from it. Plus you can 'carry' it, and pass it on to someone else. Imagine an elderly couple behind you in the market to pickup a gallon of milk, and you spread it to them by using the credit card keypad entering your PIN, or holding the door.  1918 was exactly this, and they were holding parades & being out & about & couldn't figure out why it wasn't going away.  It eventually mysteriously went away in November after quaranteening was implemented.

To say "I"m healthy" and go out & about is idiotic, and directly against what will stop this. YOU WILL PASS IT ON TO OTHERS!! Also, it's summer in Australia, and bad there. So it won't just go away when its warmer out.

To drunk to fully respond,  but if the at risk crowd is either protecting themselves or being protected,  it doesn't matter who gets infected.

Lots of misinformation out there...dont believe everything you read.  That said, I will respect whatever policies that are put in place regardless of how misguided I think they may be.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

This isn't 1918 bro.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

This isn't 1918 bro.

Yeah, and Nyquil & Robitussin won't fix it either tho, so our human bodies are little advanced than we were in 1918. You're "smart" phone doesn't make you smarter, nor better able to outlive a virus.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

No, it's nasty stuff. It's not a typical flu, and it's hitting people differently. I've heard about a lot of young people (30s-40s) having to get tubes down their throats to breathe because it savages your lungs.

If you have asthma, bronchitis, diabetes, any kind of health thing like that, look out. Be careful. Stay in.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Well that settles it, my boss called me at home last night and just asked me to work from home for a while

My kids are staying with our friends for march break for a couple days

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
misterID wrote:
Neemo wrote:
misterID wrote:

Someone showed up at your meeting sick?

Yessir, aparently its croup cough, not covid, but now i dunno what to do, i have remote access so maybe I'll just err on the side of caution for a few days...

Holy cow..... They're doing remote access everywhere here, even for classes. I don't see that lasting, but if people are still going to work sick, not sure if they have it I'd not, I'd take advantage of it.

I'd have lost it on the guy.

I work in construction so sometimes i need to go into the field and meet with people...but my office will prolly close today and have everyone doing admin stuff from home...city halls are closing for all cities in my area,  so im assuming that construction sites will need to shut down as well if the municipalities cannot come do reviews of the work...it will pretty much shut down construction for a while

Board footer