You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Yamcha
 Rep: 11 

Re: Covid 19

Yamcha wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I've hesitated to post this since there are a few not to be named douchebags that won't understand what I am saying; however for the greater good (and maybe so reasonable people will understand where I am (and have been)) coming from I will make the post.

On Wednesday, I got a call from a friend's wife that someone at her husband's work tested positive for Covid-19 (without any symptoms).  Last Sunday I played golf with him and we shared a cart.  He has been tested (and is isolating), and those results should come early this coming week.  I'm not overly concerned.  I saw him now 6 days ago...he feels fine, I feel fine.  By the time he gets his results, it will have been 8 days or so, which is close to the end of the period of concern (unless they've moved the goalposts on that again).

I was out Wednesday when I got that call.  I came straight home immediately and haven't left the house since then.  As I said, I am not worried, but that doesn't mean I am going to be disrespectful towards others and possibly put them at risk regardless of how low that risk is.  It isn't up to me to decide for them what level of risk they should tolerate.  It is possible to feel the way I feel about the virus without being completely disrespectful to the people around you.  Once all is clear, I plan to return to life as I have been living it. 

I've never said the virus was a hoax.  I've said we handled the response wrong.  I still believe that.  If I happen to get it and it kills me, I will STILL believe that (well, at least until I die).  It's a risk management decision people should be allowed to make for themselves.

You are doing the right thing.  Don't pay attention to what others are saying. 5

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I've hesitated to post this since there are a few not to be named douchebags that won't understand what I am saying; however for the greater good (and maybe so reasonable people will understand where I am (and have been)) coming from I will make the post.

On Wednesday, I got a call from a friend's wife that someone at her husband's work tested positive for Covid-19 (without any symptoms).  Last Sunday I played golf with him and we shared a cart.  He has been tested (and is isolating), and those results should come early this coming week.  I'm not overly concerned.  I saw him now 6 days ago...he feels fine, I feel fine.  By the time he gets his results, it will have been 8 days or so, which is close to the end of the period of concern (unless they've moved the goalposts on that again).

I was out Wednesday when I got that call.  I came straight home immediately and haven't left the house since then.  As I said, I am not worried, but that doesn't mean I am going to be disrespectful towards others and possibly put them at risk regardless of how low that risk is.  It isn't up to me to decide for them what level of risk they should tolerate.  It is possible to feel the way I feel about the virus without being completely disrespectful to the people around you.  Once all is clear, I plan to return to life as I have been living it. 

I've never said the virus was a hoax.  I've said we handled the response wrong.  I still believe that.  If I happen to get it and it kills me, I will STILL believe that (well, at least until I die).  It's a risk management decision people should be allowed to make for themselves.

tl;dr big_smile

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Take care of urself buzzsaw...consider getting tested

A similar thing happened to me near the beginning of all of this,  luckily enough for me and my family i didnt catch it

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I was feeling shitty and took a test 10 days ago. Still don’t have the results. The testing is atrocious. How can it be effective if two weeks pass before I know if I was positive? By the way, I feel fine now. Probably didn’t have it, but what if I did?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I was feeling shitty and took a test 10 days ago. Still don’t have the results. The testing is atrocious. How can it be effective if two weeks pass before I know if I was positive? By the way, I feel fine now. Probably didn’t have it, but what if I did?

There are so many issues with the testing.  The length of time it takes to get results is one.  The false positives (and negatives) are a huge issue too. 

In your case at this point the test results probably don't even matter, yet it wouldn't surprise me if they force you to isolate for 14 days anyway starting whenever you get the results.  Logic hasn't exactly been the driving factor in any of this.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Take care of urself buzzsaw...consider getting tested

A similar thing happened to me near the beginning of all of this,  luckily enough for me and my family i didnt catch it

THanks Neemo.  I'll get tested if/when I need to.  I don't trust the testing; I can't afford for them to tell me I'm positive if I am not.  Too much going on right now.  If he tests positive, I'll get one done.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

There are so many issues with the testing.  The length of time it takes to get results is one.  The false positives (and negatives) are a huge issue too. 

In your case at this point the test results probably don't even matter, yet it wouldn't surprise me if they the one,force you to isolate for 14 days anyway starting whenever you get the results.  Logic hasn't exactly been the driving factor in any of this.

Yep, my test results are now meaningless. 12 days and no answer. Even if I were positive, i haven’t had symptoms in at least 11 days. I had to move on with life. For a few days I kept my distance from my family and just now on Day 12 delivered groceries to an elderly neighbor, the first contact outside my house in that time. This is no way to stop a pandemic.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

My friend's test came back negative.  Since this is day 9 for me and I feel fine (and he's negative), I am not going to get tested.  It has been an interesting time for reflection though.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
bigbri wrote:

How can it be effective if two weeks pass before I know if I was positive?

Probably not unfortunately.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Louie Gohmert tested positive and Herman Cain is still in the ICU fighting for his life. Oddly enough his twitter feed (I'm sure it's an intern, but nobody said "Hey maybe cool it while the boss is fighting for his life") is still posting non sense about Covid and what liberal hysteria it is. Sorry, but at what point do you quit being an asshole, stand up and set a good example for Americans to follow so we can slow this down?

Gohmert too recently said he would only wear a mask if he tested positive, which is like saying he'd only wear a condom if he got an STD. Much like Cain, he's still staying incredibly stupid things, stating that he probably got it from wearing a mask.

Board footer