You are not logged in. Please register or login.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: The new and God willing improved politics thread

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
misterID wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Not something I want to get in to, but if a guy counter protesting at a protest with an AR15 gets mobbed maybe its because of the gun. Would he be mobbed if he wasn't carrying? Then the question is who is defending themselves. The mob from the crazy guy with the gun or vice versa?

I'm arguing for neither side, just showing how there can be multiple perspectives. These can be discussed without the need to personally attack anyone..... Buzz.

Well, we have had instances where armed civilians have been stopping destruction/violence. The difference is this was a kid who had no business being in a place alone he didn't know with a weapon amongst a violent crowd.

Don't even get me started on armed civilians.

Rocky
 Rep: -7 

Rocky wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I saw this video, I'll search for others.  https://www.facebook.com/erecords/video … 9065045321

Attending a protest that you don't agree with, 20 minutes from where you live, with an AR-15.  Come on, guys searching for trouble. 17 year old playing paintball, quit defending him, he's a jerkoff.

If a mob charges me with bats, then someone jumps on top of me, hitting me with a skateboard, someone's getting smoked. End.

Yeah but would you goto a Michigan Ohio State game at Michigan in full fledged OSU colors, prancing around the tail gate talking smack to Michigan fans, then when one drunk chases you turn around & shoot him with an AR15?

You're comparing a football game to anarchists and opportunists burning down a city and attacking people they deem bad men?  That 17 year old had a legal right to be present, and open carry in Wi. Doesn't mean I support him, but Antifa types finally found someone looking for violence too.  They forgot life isn't a video game and not everyone with a gun has a Democratic mayor threatening to ruin their career if they defend life or property.  A violent mob is burning a city down, and you're outraged that another idiot showed up and dared the mob whose been terrorizing citizens for months to swing at him.  They did, and now they're dead.  The couple in St Louis was charged too, but anyone who knows anything about self defense and property law knows how that will turn out. 

I personally don't want any of it.  But we've had 90 days of far-left agitators calling for a revolution.  We've had them show up with assault rifles in nearly every city, but of note Austin and Louisville.  How long until right-wing idiots have had enough and are finally going to get their shot at manifesting their 3%er fantasies.  There's an armed mob who wants to "takeover" America.  So far they've been largely unscathed.  But now they're leaving the major cities and coming out to where scared suburbanites and country folk aren't going to run away or raise their arm in solidarity.  So now they're fulfilling the fantasy of every Soldier wannabe who is a lot more armed than the Antifa guy who bought his first AK last week (the idiot who got wasted in Austin).  And the Antifa types have been shitting on cops and injuring them the past 3 months.  What do you think the police will do when the far right nuts show up to take out the "commies" on the far left?  I'll answer for you; they're going to step aside and watch the people carrying the "ACAB" or "Defund The Police" get exactly what they've been daring the police to do.  And this is what you want and who you feel sorry for?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
misterID wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Not something I want to get in to, but if a guy counter protesting at a protest with an AR15 gets mobbed maybe its because of the gun. Would he be mobbed if he wasn't carrying? Then the question is who is defending themselves. The mob from the crazy guy with the gun or vice versa?

I'm arguing for neither side, just showing how there can be multiple perspectives. These can be discussed without the need to personally attack anyone..... Buzz.

Well, we have had instances where armed civilians have been stopping destruction/violence. The difference is this was a kid who had no business being in a place alone he didn't know with a weapon amongst a violent crowd.

Don't even get me started on armed civilians.

Well, dude, when no one is helping you you're on your own. Rioters were trying to burn down a building with children inside it. People are being dragged out of their cars and beaten. These people have been the difference between life and death.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Ok.  So you guys have it wrong.  the 17 year old MURDERED somebody.  Then, the crowd chased him down to detain him for murder, then he shot somebody else to avoid detention and escaped. 

Interesting.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Ok.  So you guys have it wrong.  the 17 year old MURDERED somebody.  Then, the crowd chased him down to detain him for murder, then he shot somebody else to avoid detention and escaped. 

Interesting.

Yeah there was some lobsided posts earlier on this. Funny when the guy was calling you out for now knowing the facts.

Rocky

Rocky wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

In this country, every citizen has a right to be armed.  And in nearly every state, you can carry openly.  I don't know what initiated this. If the kid aimed his rifle at anyone prior to being threatened, he's the aggressor.  But to answer your question, if anyone is standing there with a gun, no citizen has any right to assault them or try to remove that weapon.  Either act justifies lethal force in every state.  This isn't about people being scared and trying to stop a shooter, at least no evidence of that has been put forward.  Wisconsin allows open carry, so short of the 17 year old aiming his weapon at anyone, he was 100% within his rights.  To say nothing about how stupid it was for anyone to be there armed, let alone a minor.  But I also think the people peacefully protesting are morons and shouldn't be there when they know that there are many violent rioters in their ranks.

They don't get to have a different perspective, no more than you get to call my speech illegal in this country.  But in the EU, people go to jail for teaching their dog to give a nazi salute or identifying the ethnicity of a child rapist.  I'll take my American constitution any day of the week.

Rocky

Rocky wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Interesting.

Do you have any evidence of this?  That the 17 year old fired his weapon at someone unprovoked, equating murder.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Interesting.

Yeah there was some lobsided posts earlier on this. Funny when the guy was calling you out for now knowing the facts.

Truly is funny. Went from store owners protecting their businesses, to an innocent bystander getting chased down by a violent angry mob, to a 17 year old idiot shooting a guy in the head at point blank range, calling 911 to say "I just killed somebody", running away, bystanders chasing after him to ensure he doesn't escape and is charged, and the 17 year old idiot shooting another person and escaping.

Rocky

Rocky wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Interesting.

No, I'm still here and very aware of the facts.  I find it unlikely the 17 year old picked up his rifle and randomly shot someone.  That is murder.  Some rioter assaulting him, and him firing his weapon in response/defense, is a totally different argument.  Murder means something.  Self-defense and manslaughter also have meanings.  I'll wait for evidence of what occurred.  We already know the other 2 shootings were justified.  Normally armed people don't run away from unarmed people they want to kill.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Rocky wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Interesting.

Do you have any evidence of this?  That the 17 year old fired his weapon at someone unprovoked, equating murder.

https://youtu.be/5cLPfB0vBG4?t=587

Board footer