You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Rocky
 Rep: -7 

Re: The new and God willing improved politics thread

Rocky wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

That shootings pretty hard to believe. Then again so was sitting on George Floyds neck for 9 minutes while he suffocated, as was Ahmaud Avery. Others as well.

Still, shooting someone in the back, at close range, who didn't seem violent or attacking the officers?   I mean, I guess wait for the police bodycam video. Fortunately, he did survive it seems.

Your kidding, right?  Cops have guns drawn and aimed at him.  He walked towards his car ignoring all commands, opened the door and reached in and you're surprised he got shot?  If that's your stance, then clearly you believe the cops have to wait until one of them gets shot to fire back.

Well that's why I said 'wait for the body cam'.  If the guy was any form of a threat, that's one thing.  However reports are he helped break up a fight among 2 women.  Now, if he broke it up, and the cops soon arrive shortly thereafter, ask him to be a witness, detain him, try to pat him down etc etc all after all he 'might have done' is break up a fight, and he gets upset and says 'Fuck this I'm out'.

Then yeah, I probably would think the cops need to be charged and are at fault. Hence, let's wait and see.

So you're not aware he had already struggled with the cops and that they had tazed him and he shook it off?  The video shows him getting up after wrestling with the cops and being tazed.  He had a lengthy wrapsheet and an open warrant for his arrest.  So after fighting with cops, being tazed, he walks into his car and goes to grab something - while cops have their weapons drawn on him and are telling him to stop.  This information is all out there for you to view.  I have to ask why you've taken the opportunity to opine, but not educate yourself.  I understand why Mitch is posting, but not you.

Rocky

Rocky wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Remember, George Floyd was 'rumored to be' resisting and assaulting officers. Wasn't true.
Ahmaud Avery was 'rumored' to be a thief going thru the empty home stealing contractors equipment.  Also wasn't true.
Trevon Martin was, according to nimrod George Zimmerman, going thru a residential neighborhood stealing from cars and homes. Also not true.

The list goes on.  Just calm down francis.

George Floyd was absolutely resisting arrest.  If you've watched the video that was released a few weeks ago (against his family's wishes) you'll seen plain as day that Floyd refuses to get in the police vehicle, claiming to be claustrophobic, and that "I can't breathe".  All of this is before he was restrained by Chauvin.  Floyd kicks himself out of the police vehicle, which is why Chauvin puts him in a restraint.  I don't support the 9 minute choke hold either, but your basic facts are wrong.

Zimmerman said Martin looked suspicious and was on a neighborhood watch because of recent break-ins.  We know from the girl Martin was talking to that he was aware of Zimmerman, and even called him a racial slur.  We know from the injuries Zimmerman sustained and the proximity and angle of bullet wounds that Martin was on top of Zimmerman bashing Zimmerman's head into the pavement.  Martin had a right to assault Zimmerman the same way you can assault a BLM protester with a bullhorn at 2am. 

We're all entitled to different opinions, but not different facts.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Rocky wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Your kidding, right?  Cops have guns drawn and aimed at him.  He walked towards his car ignoring all commands, opened the door and reached in and you're surprised he got shot?  If that's your stance, then clearly you believe the cops have to wait until one of them gets shot to fire back.

Well that's why I said 'wait for the body cam'.  If the guy was any form of a threat, that's one thing.  However reports are he helped break up a fight among 2 women.  Now, if he broke it up, and the cops soon arrive shortly thereafter, ask him to be a witness, detain him, try to pat him down etc etc all after all he 'might have done' is break up a fight, and he gets upset and says 'Fuck this I'm out'.

Then yeah, I probably would think the cops need to be charged and are at fault. Hence, let's wait and see.

So you're not aware he had already struggled with the cops and that they had tazed him and he shook it off?  The video shows him getting up after wrestling with the cops and being tazed.  He had a lengthy wrapsheet and an open warrant for his arrest.  So after fighting with cops, being tazed, he walks into his car and goes to grab something.  This information is all out there for you to view.  I have to ask why you've taken the opportunity to opine, but not educate yourself.  I understand why Mitch is posting, but not you.

What were the cops detaining him and tasing him for?  Just asking.   Also, there's been no statement as to whether the cops knew he had a warrant or not. Again, there was a fight among two seperate people, why was this guy being arrested?

I mean, just asking. Since you don't "know", wait.

Rocky

Rocky wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Rocky wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

So you're not aware he had already struggled with the cops and that they had tazed him and he shook it off?  The video shows him getting up after wrestling with the cops and being tazed.  He had a lengthy wrapsheet and an open warrant for his arrest.  So after fighting with cops, being tazed, he walks into his car and goes to grab something.  This information is all out there for you to view.  I have to ask why you've taken the opportunity to opine, but not educate yourself.  I understand why Mitch is posting, but not you.

What were the cops detaining him and tasing him for?  Just asking.   Also, there's been no statement as to whether the cops knew he had a warrant or not. Again, there was a fight among two seperate people, why was this guy being arrested?

I mean, just asking. Since you don't "know", wait.

So you ignore that he fought with the police, and was tazed.  Then while the officers fixate their weapons on him, and tell him to stop, he continues.  In what world do you live in where that kind of behavior is acceptable and the outcome that occurred not the expected one?  You don't ever get to fight cops, resist arrest, then when guns pointed at you, reach into your car.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Rocky wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Remember, George Floyd was 'rumored to be' resisting and assaulting officers. Wasn't true.
Ahmaud Avery was 'rumored' to be a thief going thru the empty home stealing contractors equipment.  Also wasn't true.
Trevon Martin was, according to nimrod George Zimmerman, going thru a residential neighborhood stealing from cars and homes. Also not true.

Zimmerman said Martin looked suspicious and was on a neighborhood watch because of recent break-ins.  We know from the girl Martin was talking to that he was aware of Zimmerman, and even called him a racial slur.  We know from the injuries Zimmerman sustained and the proximity and angle of bullet wounds that Martin was on top of Zimmerman bashing Zimmerman's head into the pavement.  Martin had a right to assault Zimmerman the same way you can assault a BLM protester with a bullhorn at 2am.

Hmmmm, so I can chase you around at night with a concealed gun, stalk you, chase you down. Then, when you're in fear for yourself, you turn around to fight me off, and when I lose the fight I started I pull out my gun & shoot you.

Facts.

Rocky

Rocky wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Rocky wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Hmmmm, so I can chase you around at night with a concealed gun, stalk you, chase you down. Then, when you're in fear for yourself, you turn around to fight me off, and when I lose the fight I started I pull out my gun & shoot you.

Facts.

How would you ever get laid if women were allowed to attack you for looking at them?  5

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Rocky wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Rocky wrote:

Facts.

How would you ever get laid if women were allowed to attack you for looking at them?  5

Ha!  You just lost your argument.  So now a serial rapist chasing down women gets pepper sprayed. "Assault" he yells, and shoots her dead.  Stand Your Ground! 22

Thanks for the win!

Rocky

Rocky wrote:

Yea, the whole chasing someone down is its own claim.  You should look up self defense laws in each state and what counts.  A stranger chasing you gives you credible fear, but not enough to just shoot them.  If they yell "i'm going to kill you" while they chase you, then that's different.  A man keeping a distance from someone doesn't justify assault, let alone deadly violence.  I understand you have strong feelings, but you need to reconcile them with what actually occurred and what the law permits.

I'm not playing to win anything, so I'll take the loss.  None of that makes any of your arguments better or based in what actually occurred.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

You don't run from a cop, and you definitely don't ignore their warnings and reach into a vehicle.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

New thread, same old disingenuous posting.

Board footer