You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

Re: GNRevolution Exclusive! Classic Rock Feb Mag Cover!

elmir wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

I took what you said like I have no idea about him and being just a bit condescending.  No worries it's all good and it is a discussion.

oh no, far from it...wasn't intended like that at all....you said that if they replaced his parts with bbf that you wouldn't like the songs any less...

my point was that if they did replace his parts (which is a certainty)....we wouldn't know what they sounded like in the first place....which is a shame actually.....as i would love to hear all of the previous members' work on all the songs....

but its not looking like that's ever going to happen.

Sky Dog wrote:

As far as image goes, I do find it funny how people slam Buckethead but NEVER mention Slash's obvious gimmicks. I mean when you are 45 and still wearing that stupid top hat, the dangling cigarette, same leather pants, and jeans, it may be time for a slight change. It is a gimmick-nothing more-especially the top hat thing. He looked cool at 23....now he just looks cheesy. Personally, at this point in time, I would take Bucket's eclectic, odd show over cheesy.

As far as Bucket's playing goes, he would KILL Better, TWAT, CD, and IRS live....no doubt. Just one time I would like to see him standing on top of the drum riser next to Brain at MSG, throwing that ending TWAT solo down. 3

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

elmir wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

I took what you said like I have no idea about him and being just a bit condescending.  No worries it's all good and it is a discussion.

oh no, far from it...wasn't intended like that at all....you said that if they replaced his parts with bbf that you wouldn't like the songs any less...

my point was that if they did replace his parts (which is a certainty)....we wouldn't know what they sounded like in the first place....which is a shame actually.....as i would love to hear all of the previous members' work on all the songs....

but its not looking like that's ever going to happen.

Cool Deal!

I agree that it would be great to hear all the songs with BH and from what we have heard so far, the songs are definitely great with him on there.   All I am saying is I wouldn't like the songs any less without him as I feel BBF is a great guitarist in his own right and has his own flair.

madagas
As far as image goes, I do find it funny how people slam Buckethead but NEVER mention Slash's obvious gimmicks. I mean when you are 45 and still wearing that stupid top hat, the dangling cigarette, same leather pants, and jeans, it may be time for a slight change. It is a gimmick-nothing more-especially the top hat thing. He looked cool at 23....now he just looks cheesy. Personally, at this point in time, I would take Bucket's eclectic, odd show over cheesy.

I think you're going a bit far calling Slash cheesy.   That has been his thing for 20 years and he still makes it look cool imo and a top hat and a cigarette is a far cry from BH's "gimmick".    BH as much as I respect him, is a bit over the top if you ask me, fine if he wants to wear what he wears but to talk through a puppet is a bit much.     I'd like to see what you'd say when BH is 45, still wearing what he is wearing now and using puppets to speak and talking about chickens.

Sky Dog wrote:

I would think Buckethead is insane. 16 Sorry, I don't think Slash is that cool anymore. I still love his playing and the songs he created in Gnr, but, to me, he looks cheesy. He looks like he just came off the sunset strip in 1986. Tommy's and Izzy's look is more my style.... it's all personal opinion.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
russtcb wrote:
madagas wrote:

As far as Bucket's playing goes, he would KILL Better, TWAT, CD, and IRS live....no doubt. Just one time I would like to see him standing on top of the drum riser next to Brain at MSG, throwing that ending TWAT solo down. 3

The biggest problem I had with BH was nunchuckus and robot dances at a rock concert.

Actually i thought his solo/dance thing was really fun..and i'm not Slamming BH...his talent is awe inspiring...but ya cant look at him with out saying "whats the deal with him", but living in a chicken coop and waering a KFCbucket, yellow raincoat and michael myers mask isnt something that i'd consider "cool", personally, but to each his own i guess, and while i'd never wear a top hat and i dont smoke...its slash's image...and i'd hardly call it a gimmick in the sense that i'd call BH's image a gimmick...i mean he talks through a decapitated head puppet only for christ's sake...Slash's image is no more a gimmick than Axl's bandana or biker shorts were...he may be stuck in the 90's...but its not a gimmick IMO

Sky Dog wrote:

personally, I don't like Slash's image or Bucket's gimmicks...if you want to be picky about word meanings. Like I said, how Izzy and Tommy look NOW is more my style. 19

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
madagas wrote:

personally, I don't like Slash's image or Bucket's gimmicks...if you want to be picky about word meanings. Like I said, how Izzy and Tommy look NOW is more my style. 19

I dunno the plaid pants gimmick isnt really for me 16

madagas wrote:

Then why bother comparing at all.   19

Sky Dog wrote:

because people harp on what a freak Bucket is and am simply pointing out that Slash is a freak as well. You gonna tell me people didn't think Slash was a freak back in 1987?

Board footer