You are not logged in. Please register or login.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

Re: GNR Release 'Absurd' Single

exoterica wrote:
James wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

ABSURD update:

• 3.3 million plays between YouTube and Spotify

Hmm....

Not good....not bad.

It’s not great.

Iron Maiden cleared 1.2m in 2 days on their new single on YT alone.

Gn’R needs to turn on the faucet. Even if they drop singles from time to time, it’ll never build to a critical mass. People want to be apart of something. It’s same as it always was, create something exciting and include people in the fun and everyone profits.

Axl is gonna need to decide if he wants to be a borderline retired nostalgia act or put his back into something new.

CD2 shoulda been out in 2018.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I’ll never listen to it again willingly and i’m a fan. I’d be surprised if casuals get through one full listen. It’s horrid.

Any word on the last couple of set lists? They’ve got a show tonight too.

Haters Gonna Hate
 Rep: 1 

bigbri wrote:

I’ll never listen to it again willingly and i’m a fan. I’d be surprised if casuals get through one full listen. It’s horrid.

Any word on the last couple of set lists? They’ve got a show tonight too.

They added Lineman, Seeker, and Don't Cry again. Madagascar was played at the last show.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I'm with bigbri ... song is about as bad as it gets and the live performances I've seen of it are really bad imo

It's cool that most of u guys are digging it tho

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I'm with bigbri ... song is about as bad as it gets and the live performances I've seen of it are really bad imo

Keep listening to it. It's a grower. Hated it at first too.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I've never liked Silkworms, but I like the cool, spacy breakdown and Slash's contributions, but it's a pretty ridiculous song, imo.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Keep listening to it. It's a grower. Hated it at first too.

Lol, nah man I'm good...not much of a fan of the style of music, prodigy, NIN...rave-techno-industrial-punk...however u wanna label it...lmao

I've prolly heard it 10 times by now anyway and still a thumbs down over here

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

For some reason I really like it.

I'm too old to headbang, but there's kinda a headbang moment as it slides back into the main riff each time after those little solo fills.

If i was going to change it I would have maybe given slash an entire section to shred more - like on stuff like perfect crime - maybe instead of one of the verse repeats...but it's fun as it is to me.

I can kinda see why people are not into it, but I just like the mood of it - and the drums and guitar riffs are cool - and I like the little Axl screams in the background too.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

College football forum I visit has a new thread on this song today. The response is 100% negative. These guys are casual GN’R fans who dig the classic sound. This really seems like we got to see how the world would react in 1991 if My World was released as a single.

Sky Dog wrote:

It’s maybe the most bizarre decision made in Gnr history axlhmm

Board footer