You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Bob Saget dead at 65

monkeychow wrote:

Not trying to have a go at you, but I just don't think it's a reasonable proposition to say that someone's words make them guilty of a crime - especially when they are attempting a style of humour.

We know Saget was a professional comedian, we know that he is both intelligent and articulate and well versed in the art of comedy. The idea of this joke is to disgust the listener before the punchline.

It's not therefore unreasonable to say he might have put some imagination, book research or thought into making the topic realistically grotesque without actually committing the crime in order to perfect his craft as a comedian.

I mean people write movies about wars, rape and all kinds of things without actually having done those things in the entertainment business.

I agree what he said is disgusting, but that's the point of it. Arguably it's a distasteful style of humour. But I don't think it's reasonable to deem him a perp based of it.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Bob Saget dead at 65

polluxlm wrote:

It's impossible to determine if somebody has committed a crime based on this. All I'm saying is that "he's just joking" is not convincing in this instance. I've seen enough depravity in Hollywood to know that this is certainly a real possibility, if not "likely". Or did everybody forget about the pedo Epstein who served basically every elite member of society? Fucking princes, presidents, Bill Gates. I mean come on, these people are sick.

Board footer