You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Guns N’ Roses 2022 Australia & New Zealand Tour

misterID wrote:

The clips I’ve seen he sounds a lot better

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

Yeah...I'm too old and broke down for that shit now.

Years ago....it was my completely shot hearing that caused me to have to cherry pick who I was willing to see.

Now...it's my body starting to break down. Not walking with a cane yet...but within 5-10 years I probably will be.

Happened to my uncle in his 50s on my dad's side...and I took more dope than he ever did.

Yeah, I got some of the same problems.  And to be honest, you get tired a whole fucking shit ton faster in general.  I got the ringing in the ears (tinnitus) and that pretty much sucks.  It's kind of hard to explain but yeah the body and mind aren't willing /motivated to do things now as in before (younger self).

Also joint pain sucks, especially if it's near your hips and shit.

misterID

misterID wrote:

If you have access to a pool, use it. Like Jimmy said about not jogging anymore, I’m not using heavy weights. Just night and day difference

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

"Oh my God, my face is caved in!" - fan reportedly injured by Axl Rose mic toss
By Fraser Lewry( Classic Rock ) published 1 day ago

The unfortunate Australian fan was left with a battered face after being struck by a microphone tossed from the stage

A Guns N' Roses fan who attended the band's show this week at the Adelaide Oval in Australia claims to have been injured by a microphone tossed into the crowd by Axl Rose.

The fan, Rebecca Howe, tells the Adelaide Advertiser that she was struck at the climax of Paradise City, the final song of the band's 29-song set.

"I was in Diamond Standing, so it wasn’t even right at the front, and it was the very last song, Take Me Down To Paradise City,” she said. "He took a bow and then he launched the microphone out to the crowd … and then bang, right on the bridge of my nose.”

Footage of the event at Adelaide Now appears to show Howe fall to the ground while another fan retrieves the mic – clearly not thrown in malice – and triumphantly hold it aloft.

“My mind went, ‘Oh my God, my face is caved in," says Howe. "What if it was a couple of inches to the right or left? I could have lost an eye… what if it hit me in the mouth and I broke my teeth? If my head was turned and it hit me in the temple, it could have killed me."

After the incident, Howe was attended to by an off-duty policeman.

It's not the first time Guns N' Roses have run into trouble with flying objects on the Australian leg of their ongoing We're F'N' Back tour. Last month Rose complained that the band had been distracted by drones flying above the stage during their set at the 27,500-capacity Metricon Stadium on the Gold Coast in Queensland.

"We get it can be 'fun' to get ur drone bootleg vid," tweeted Rose, "but we'd appreciate it if anyone planning to be a drone pirate took the fans n' the band into consideration n' played w/ur toys somewhere else."

Guns N' Roses have three shows left on the tour. The play at Melbourne Cricket Ground on December 3 before skipping across the Tasman for two shows in New Zealand, at Wellington's Sky Stadium on December 8, and two days later at Auckland's Eden Park.

Yesterday they announced they'll headline London's Hyde Park on Friday June 30, next year with a full supporting bill to be announced in the coming months.

Sky Dog wrote:

Just saw that….ouch

GeorgeHoagland
 Rep: 0 

Neemo wrote:

"Oh my God, my face is caved in!" - fan reportedly injured by Axl Rose mic toss
By Fraser Lewry( Classic Rock ) published 1 day ago

The unfortunate Australian fan was left with a battered face after being struck by a microphone tossed from the stage

A Guns N' Roses fan who attended the band's show this week at the Adelaide Oval in Australia claims to have been injured by a microphone tossed into the crowd by Axl Rose.

The fan, Rebecca Howe, tells the Adelaide Advertiser that she was struck at the climax of Paradise City, the final song of the band's 29-song set.

"I was in Diamond Standing, so it wasn’t even right at the front, and it was the very last song, Take Me Down To Paradise City,” she said. "He took a bow and then he launched the microphone out to the crowd … and then bang, right on the bridge of my nose.”

Footage of the event at Adelaide Now appears to show Howe fall to the ground while another fan retrieves the mic – clearly not thrown in malice – and triumphantly hold it aloft.

“My mind went, ‘Oh my God, my face is caved in," says Howe. "What if it was a couple of inches to the right or left? I could have lost an eye… what if it hit me in the mouth and I broke my teeth? If my head was turned and it hit me in the temple, it could have killed me."

After the incident, Howe was attended to by an off-duty policeman.

It's not the first time Guns N' Roses have run into trouble with flying objects on the Australian leg of their ongoing We're F'N' Back tour. Last month Rose complained that the band had been distracted by drones flying above the stage during their set at the 27,500-capacity Metricon Stadium on the Gold Coast in Queensland.

"We get it can be 'fun' to get ur drone bootleg vid," tweeted Rose, "but we'd appreciate it if anyone planning to share how they get rid of moobs and to be a drone pirate took the fans n' the band into consideration n' played w/ur toys somewhere else."

Guns N' Roses have three shows left on the tour. The play at Melbourne Cricket Ground on December 3 before skipping across the Tasman for two shows in New Zealand, at Wellington's Sky Stadium on December 8, and two days later at Auckland's Eden Park.

Yesterday they announced they'll headline London's Hyde Park on Friday June 30, next year with a full supporting bill to be announced in the coming months.

Oh wow, that's a great news given by you. As Guns N Roses is the most popular and em a big fan of it!

misterID

misterID wrote:

He said he’s not throwing the mic anymore.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Had a really great time at the Melbourne show last night.

I've been lucky enough to see GNR in various forms a few times since 1993 and while I wouldn't say this was the best due to the issues we all know about, it was a pretty solid night. Perhaps surprisingly I actually enjoyed the overall show more than the 2017 NITL show in Melbourne.

I think maybe in 2017 I was going through a depressed phase at the changes between 2016 and 2017 lol....it's possible I over think this stuff. hahah. Anyway, going in this time my expectations were low but I really enjoyed the night.

Some observations:

As we've noticed before there's a bit of "show magic" where Axl sounds better in person than on video. Maybe it's the atmosphere, maybe it's the venue mixing, who knows, but really although he wasn't prime Axl he was much better than I expected from previous bootlegs.

He seems to have 4 main voices he's using at the moment. His traditional sung low Axl tone that sounds a bit like Lies, a deep voice that's a bit closer to his speaking voice and almost slightly shouted giving it a vaguely aggressive vibe, his raspy voice - which has evolved since the acdc era to be a bit more wheesy and old sounding but it still kicks ass, and his falsetto mickey voice which is in the right key but lacks aggression. I think in 2017 here he was doing a lot of mickey whereas last night here he seemed to mix it up between the raspy tone and the lower speaking tone on key lines. There was still some mickey but it seemed to be managed better. In the scheme of things I was expecting his voice to the be weak link but it was more than serviceable given their age and everything else. Like he's not 1993 or 2006 Axl but he does the job.

In particular I also liked his attitude. He seemed to be having fun with the crowd and made a few little jokes and stuff. There was also a classic Axl 'mini-rant' when he stoped YCBM to complain about the lighting people blinding him (Fair enough...apparently he'd asked them to fix it backstage for several songs). Given their trip here has been incident filled (drones on stage, microphone lawsuits, lighting tower issues) it was good to see that he still seemed to be giving it his best.

Slash was curious. He's always been a 'sloppy' player rather than a technical guy (although he has more chops than people realise) and he's always been prone to playing by feel and improvisation. But this aspect of his style was really cranked last night. It seemed almost every solo was more like a vague approximation of the solo, or improvisation on the theme, and a few of them were almost comical - like slash was playing a game with himself to see what other little blues progressions and licks he could sneak into different songs. That sounds critical but I mean he's slash - he can do anything with the guitar and it will be better than what mortals can achieve on guitar. So it wasn't so much bad as it was noticeable - some of his more random licks were actually super impressive and cool to play. I assume maybe he's just having some fun and keeping it interesting.

I enjoyed some of the changes to the 2017 set - I've become quite a fan of Absurd/Hardschool so that was a blast, and I also enjoyed Reckless Life and Shadow just because they're sort of a bit different. There was a few places where Axl seemed to be really getting into it too.

I tried to review the rest of the band, but melissa in short shorts for the hot weather was very distracting for an old pervert whose wife had to stay home so I struggled. But yeah richard played some very bad ass guitar licks in his solos but he was quite low in the mix - at least from where I was (between Slash's side and the centre of stage). Duff was great as always, and I didn't notice Dizzy other than in Estranged so I  think he was doing his thing well.

I was in such a good mood I forgot about my usual "where's matt" whinge and convinced myself Frank does well when you think it's 3.5 hours of non stop drumming...watching him in the rocket queen jam made me think...it hurts me just to stand that long watching...these guys spending some real energy. That said there are timing issues...but we know there's going to be. I guess it's one of those things where its like I used to notice mistakes...but I just thought "who cares it's fun anyway the way it is".

No Coma last night which wouldn't matter except they also skipped it in 2017 in Melbourne...but I can deal with it...I had a great night....

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Miguelox26 wrote:

It's cool and it's good that you could enjoy the show, I'm happy for you!....and Axl's voice improves a lot live unlike some phone clips!...nothing comparable!...I saw them in Seville 92 ,madrid 92,madrid 2006,10,12 sevilla2016 axldc and sevilla 2022 and it has always used different timbres!...in the nineties it was a more uniform voice but later it used a lot of different nuances that agrees with what you say, Totally multi-register!...and the surprise was axldc who was devilish showing that he had it saved and now I see him playing with the different timbres!...murderer!

misterID

misterID wrote:

Great review, monkey!

Board footer