You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Clear
 Rep: 0 

Re: If GNR releases nothing in 2023, is this the end for you?

Clear wrote:

So I'm new here and don't know if this is already know stuff, but I found this song which the artist claims to be Se7en.

https://on.soundcloud.com/eRjCu

And sorry for any misinformation if it turns out to be nothing which I assume.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
Clear wrote:

So I'm new here and don't know if this is already know stuff, but I found this song which the artist claims to be Se7en.

Does he say anywhere it is GNR? It does not match the production of the other demos we’ve heard, so this must be a cover version, but it definitely has the drama we have come to expect from these sessions. And a memorable melody! If it is his original composition, good for him.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Clear wrote:

It's possible but I don't think so. The soundcloud channel has it as part of an E.P of stuff that clearly isn't GN'R. I guess if it was real someone could have left it out in the open for someone to find, and that has been done before. But I dont think it's real, those sound like quite modern midi piano sounds, if it was real and from years ago then I think those sounds would be a bit more dated, or it would be a real Piano, which I dont believe that is.

Welecome to the site though

Clear

Clear wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Does he say anywhere it is GNR? It does not match the production of the other demos we’ve heard, so this must be a cover version, but it definitely has the drama we have come to expect from these sessions. And a memorable melody! If it is his original composition, good for him.

I don't think he says it, my train of thought was since he has uploaded demos of atlas, perhaps and silkworms, that this is a reference to GnR, but since the other uploaded songs don't match any other GnR songs I'm highly skeptical

Shacklermyrye

ClaudeF wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Have some Circus Maximus. I boosted the bass turned down pittman and looped the part i think is best. If this really is Se7en I hope they keep that piano part
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAAUXpVi9M4

[/embed]

Great job! I wonder who has the actual CDs, and if they would be willing to share lossless FLAC or AIFF files of the tracks, to make remixing/remastering even more possible.

If you used Audacity you could use the “isolate center” and “remove center” features to create 5.1 mixes:

-Left channel
-Right channel
-Isolated elements heard only in the left channel audio with elements heard in center removed
-Isolated elements heard only in the right channel audio with elements heard in center removed
-Center channel

Thanks. Yeah I wish we had the Flac files for this stuff. I dont know what became of the actual CD's I assume they were handed over.

Iv'e never tried to make a 5.1 mix actually I may need to hold off on making anymore mixes for now as i'm working on something else and it will be hard to split my time.

unlucky777

unlucky777 wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

…I dont know what became of the actual CD's I assume they were handed over.

Not handed over.

Shacklermyrye

unlucky777 wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Not handed over.

You have an interesting name777

Well if who ever has them ever rips the lossless audio, and scans all the sleeves front and back i'm sure a lot of people would be interested to have it.

Sky Dog wrote:

While you guys are shooting the shit, GNR’s tour manager says a single is coming any day and they have a lot of stuff already recorded…..same old same old but the guy who said it seems credible

Shacklermyrye

Sky Dog wrote:

While you guys are shooting the shit, GNR’s tour manager says a single is coming any day and they have a lot of stuff already recorded…..same old same old but the guy who said it seems credible

Yeah Tom Mayhue, apparently he has worked for them for 35 years or somthing crazy. Thing is he also said it knowing he was being filmed, I doubt he would have if Axl wasn't fine with it. I just wish that guy didn't cut him off in the video to ask him some radom question about where he lived

unlucky777

unlucky777 wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
unlucky777 wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Not handed over.

You have an interesting name777

Well if who ever has them ever rips the lossless audio, and scans all the sleeves front and back i'm sure a lot of people would be interested to have it.

For obvious reasons that’s not going to happen. Scans will just lead to more bootlegs. New photos is possible, have you guys not seen all the inlays and discs?

Board footer