You are not logged in. Please register or login.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

Re: The NFL 2008 Offseason Thread

NY Giants82 wrote:

Good points there PA. I cant argue against any of the points you made. In many ways, Reid seems to think his offense in Philly is the same as he had in Green Bay. Favre never really had a big time reciever, but then again, McNabb isnt a Favre.

Do you think this could be the last year for Reid/McNabb in Philly?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Yes/Yes. But in reality No/Yes. Reid is like the co-owner of this franchise & won't be fired. He may kindof "step down" from day-to-day and coaching duties, or take time of because of his "family" (in other words go 6-10 and basically be fired). But he'll never truely be "Fired".

I like McNabb, but I think he'll be the fall guy. With no WR he needs to have a monster year, and play very well & carry the offense along with Westbrook. Which is a challege considering they play 6 games against Dallas, NYG, & Wash. Their outside schedule looks pretty easy though, with the possibility of PITT, CLE & ARI being tough. Myb Cinci or Balt. Those 5 games will decide their fate. Personally, I'd like to see McNabb stay, unless he gets hurt again.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Yeah, I saw the writing on the wall for him in 2007. In the draft, I am all for drafting best player available, unless you already have a franchise QB. So with their first pick in the 07 draft, they take a QB. McNabb is basically there on borrowed time it seems.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

LAS VEGAS (AP)'”Oakland Raiders wide receiver Javon Walker was found unconscious on a Las Vegas street Monday after apparently being the victim of a robbery.

Police spokesman Bill Cassell said in a statement that Walker was taken to a hospital with 'significant injuries' after being found early Monday on a street off the Las Vegas Strip.

Cassell said Walker remained in fair condition at Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center.

A Raiders spokesman said the team was 'in the process of gathering information' and had no further comment.

Walker signed a six-year, $55 million deal with the Raiders after being released by the Denver Broncos in February.

Walker injured his right knee for the second time in his career last season and was limited to eight games and 26 catches in 2007.

Walker was a first-round draft pick by the Green Bay Packers in 2001 and had a breakout season in 2004 with 89 catches for 1,382 yards and 12 touchdowns.

He tore a ligament in his right knee the next season and played only one game.

He was traded to Denver in 2006 and bounced back with 69 catches for 1,084 yards and eight touchdowns.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bizarre. You would think he's a pretty big guy & can fend for himself. Also I would've thought he'd have an entourage around him. Sounds shady & not very 'random'.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Tickets to the Eagles/Pitt game go on sale Thursday.  I just hope I get very lucky and actually manage to get a few.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Eagles do have a relatively easy schedule this year. Those AFC games can go either way (4-0 or 0-4).

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

TO missing as Cowboys start mandatory 3-day camp
By STEPHEN HAWKINS, AP Sports Writer

Buzz Up PrintIRVING, Texas (AP)'”Terrell Owens has been excused from the Dallas Cowboys' mandatory offseason minicamp this week while dealing with a personal family matter.

Owens was at the Valley Ranch facility Tuesday morning. But he left to catch a flight before the first of five scheduled practices during the three-day minicamp.

'He didn't want to go into it, and I really don't want to either,' Phillips said. 'It's a family matter and just leave it at that. It's not anything more than that.'

The only players other than Owens not on the field Tuesday were free safety Ken Hamlin and receiver Terry Glenn, both absent because of unresolved contract issues that have kept them from taking part in offseason drills.

Owens participated in optional workouts the past four weeks. Heading into the final year of his contract, the 34-year-old receiver two weeks ago signed a three-year extension worth around $27 million through the 2011 season.

'Him missing time certainly is not a big deal,' Phillips said. 'Especially a veteran player that knows how to play and do the things and has worked as he has this offseason.'

Phillips said Owens talked to him Monday, but the coach wouldn't elaborate on that conversation or where T.O. was going. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones also refused to go into detail.

'It was a family matter and certainly with all the hard work he has put in out here during the offseason it is not an issue with me,' Jones said.

'It wasn't anything that you guys would go crazy about,' quarterback Tony Romo said. 'He's worked his butt off. I don't know that (being absent all week) would be a big deal.'

Messages left for Owens' agent, Drew Rosenhaus, weren't returned.

the drama begins again 16

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

He's a strange guy..

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

It's not drama. If it was anyone other than Superstar Owens it'd be a non story. They're looking for drama. T.O. will be just fine.  If it was Romo peope woudl thik it's legit but since it's T.O. people question it. We all know how hard the guy trains, he just sigend a new contract, he loves being on the Cowboys so relaly there's no reaosn for him not to be there unless it was a legit family issue. I dont' see the big deal.  The only drama Dallas is gonna have to deal with is that bimbo Jessica and her fucked up dad. 

ROMO DUMP THAT SKANK!!!!!

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Titans' Kearse arrested, charged with DUI
Defensive end re-signed with Tennessee after four years with Philadelphia
The Associated Press
updated 1:41 p.m. ET, Sun., June. 22, 2008

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Tennessee Titans defensive end Jevon Kearse has been arrested and charged with driving under the influence following a traffic stop near the Vanderbilt University campus.

Vanderbilt spokesman Jim Patterson said Kearse was stopped early Sunday morning after campus police reported seeing the SUV that Kearse was driving weaving across the road.

Patterson says Kearse took a field sobriety test, but refused a breathalyzer. He was arrested and charged with DUI and violation of Tennessee's implied consent law for failing to take the breathalyzer test. Officials said Kearse was released later in the morning.

A call to the Titans was not immediately returned. A spokesman for Kearse's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, said Kearse had no comment.

Kearse, the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year in 1999 with the Titans, re-signed with the club in the offseason after spending the last four years with the Philadelphia Eagles.

© 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

URL: http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/25316066/

Board footer