You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: The General confirmed next

tejastech08 wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

What's to stop them from releasing an album now?   If you assume they can release 2 more CD reheated leftover tracks.  That makes 6 and you can basically pad it out with whatever fucking live version of whatever classic songs you want.  Basically Lies in the 21st century.

That's kind of all I wanted from them is to release enough songs over time that the fans can put together an album themselves if they wish to do it. We now have 4 singles (14 minutes of music) released from 2018 to now, apparently with a 5th song on the way in The General. We are creeping up on a 8-song collection that could be labeled an album.

Eh, I'd kinda rather they just purged the vault and then got on with recording a new album. These songs are always going to be a bit awkward – Slash and Duff overdubs recorded during lockdown, on songs they're less emotionally invested in because they weren't there for the original writing process. Slash trying to wrestle Buckethead and Finck riffs and licks into his own style.

Also if you bundle these tracks together with a couple more to pad them out as an album, you end up with a collection of stuff that people have mostly heard, with one or two "new tracks" (which are based on demos we've already heard).

So, clear the decks with a bunch of individual Chinese leftovers, and then get into the studio to record some new stuff. I want to hear what Fortus and Slash come up with when they jam together, the organic process of creation. I want to hear lyrics from Axl that comment on the state of the world today (Christ knows, there's enough material to work with there), not his relationship woes from the late '90s. They literally have seven songwriters in this band (I'm pretty sure every single member has writing credits, right?) – use that resource.

Dani_1455
 Rep: 3 

Dani_1455 wrote:

This is my best experience as a Guns N Roses fan.
My hope is there is still another 1-2 Tracks and we might hear Oklahoma or Soul Monster at some point but seems unlikely

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Screenshot-49.png

I dont doubt I'm more than likely wrong with the lyrics to this thing. But when I tried to improve the audio to hear the words one of the line's i settled on was "Monster's call me, Monsters coming" just before the heavy section.

Maybe the general is a monster after all

Dani_1455

Dani_1455 wrote:

Where is this conversations from??

Shacklermyrye

Dani_1455 wrote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GunsNRoses/com … e_general/

Dani_1455

Dani_1455 wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
Dani_1455 wrote:

Thanks, I throw to Fernando if there is any posibility to hear it before October, hope that he can answer?

GNFR
 Rep: 0 

GNFR wrote:

If they release The General soon it's a good move.

Shacklermyrye

Dani_1455 wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
Dani_1455 wrote:

Thanks, I throw to Fernando if there is any posibility to hear it before October, hope that he can answer?

I saw you ask. I doubt he will say anymore tbh. My guess would be September but this is GN'R there will probably be fuck ups and set backs along the way. Wonder if that will have a video too

Dani_1455

Dani_1455 wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
Dani_1455 wrote:

I saw you ask. I doubt he will say anymore tbh. My guess would be September but this is GN'R there will probably be fuck ups and set backs along the way. Wonder if that will have a video too

Well I think everything depends on how Perhaps goes but Axl is not silly and knows that probably The General is one of the best songs he has so he Will probably promote It well

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James wrote:

HOLY SHIT....

why bury it as a B side? Perhaps should be the B side.

My guess is because it's a bit weird. The modern band thinks of itself as UYI Gnr or before. Even when they do CD tracks they put classic rock spin on it.

The inaudible general leak we heard sounded much more like an art piece, cinematic classical music, slow passages like a dance track, epic bass drops and banche demonic passion god tier Axl mode.

Awesome...stuff for us...but not for the radio...and not the kinda thing that follows SCOM in the set...

(then again neither was Absurd and they made that rock enough to play - so who knows)

Still it's great news, I think the song sounded like it had a kickass chorus/ rant section.

So what's the next batch of 2 then?

Atlas/State of Grace????

Or does Quicksong/Zodiac?oklohoma feature?

Slash basically said it was these 4 or 5 then on to a brand new album - which would be good psychologically but I do wanna hear one or two of these old tracks still - they're so cool.

Board footer