You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Re: The General confirmed next

Miguelox26 wrote:

chinese democracy cd is the sick work of geniuses!, the production is phenomenal, everything is audible and I love the mix giving prominence to the instruments or the arrangements depending on the moment of the song!, great! the voices are the best that Axl has never recorded!, the lyrics and the theme according to the work: metal angry and depressive alternative!...the faraonica madagascar, the epica there was a time, and better the sweet of the 21st century and the best guitars on an album since it was published!...sorry but I love it and all I like the demos for a reason, but the final album has that something that for me no demo has!

guts
 Rep: 1 

guts wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

Axl is the weak link on most of Chinese Democracy. His writing needed work and it's clear he shut himself in while doing all the writing.

Axl in all his moods oscillates between pompous grandiosity and misogynistic self-hatred which worked for the afterglow of 1970s glam rock and 1980s hair metal but when the 1990s rolled around, he didn't really have much to say.

It's why "Better" is such a punch-through song for me. He's writing in the first-person, reflecting, and actually working through his issues in song form. It's like, okay, yeah I can get this. There's something here to be said between author and listener. "There Was A Time but now you're Better". Okay, cool, got it. I've been there. Perhaps is kind of like the proto-Better but it's not there. Still too depressive and just like... You listen to it and you go... just go to therapy, man. Or something. You're a killjoy to be around when you're like this.

And again, why Izzy was so important. Izzy hearing Perhaps would turn it into a bar song about some chick. Oh sorry, Perhaps I didn't see you. He'd give it that cheeky, sing-songy, dry humor sort of thing.

I'm not optimistic that "The General" is anything than more of the same. I think he probably could write a decent angry song in that era so "Soul Monster" would be the one I'd hold out for.

I get the impression we're getting commercially safe B-sides. Either they hold back for one final hurrah, don't release them at all, or just let the fizz come out of the soda. Very strange that "Atlas" is supposedly coming out. Song is nothing more than a deep cut for hardcores, even less commercial than Perhaps which reads like a coda.

Its funny you say Soul Monster is an angry song but with these lyrics it seems to be more of a ballad type song.

And they say the stars don't look the same

I may have changed yet I have my soul to claim

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

neutral

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

The chorus of soul monster is killer.

You know where he goes into the screamed "This shit aint released yet, aint mother fucking leaked yet, hoarders are my freak bitch, I'm blacker than dr dre's teeth, bitch"

Or didn't that happen? I get confused.

Sky Dog wrote:
exoterica wrote:

Axl is the weak link on most of Chinese Democracy. His writing needed work and it's clear he shut himself in while doing all the writing.

Axl in all his moods oscillates between pompous grandiosity and misogynistic self-hatred which worked for the afterglow of 1970s glam rock and 1980s hair metal but when the 1990s rolled around, he didn't really have much to say.

It's why "Better" is such a punch-through song for me. He's writing in the first-person, reflecting, and actually working through his issues in song form. It's like, okay, yeah I can get this. There's something here to be said between author and listener. "There Was A Time but now you're Better". Okay, cool, got it. I've been there. Perhaps is kind of like the proto-Better but it's not there. Still too depressive and just like... You listen to it and you go... just go to therapy, man. Or something. You're a killjoy to be around when you're like this.

And again, why Izzy was so important. Izzy hearing Perhaps would turn it into a bar song about some chick. Oh sorry, Perhaps I didn't see you. He'd give it that cheeky, sing-songy, dry humor sort of thing.

I'm not optimistic that "The General" is anything than more of the same. I think he probably could write a decent angry song in that era so "Soul Monster" would be the one I'd hold out for.

I get the impression we're getting commercially safe B-sides. Either they hold back for one final hurrah, don't release them at all, or just let the fizz come out of the soda. Very strange that "Atlas" is supposedly coming out. Song is nothing more than a deep cut for hardcores, even less commercial than Perhaps which reads like a coda.

Horseshit….

carlossacanell

guts wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

Its funny you say Soul Monster is an angry song but with these lyrics it seems to be more of a ballad type song.

I have never heard Soul Monster. Is there any leak of It i missed? If so ... please

fatboy
 Rep: 0 

fatboy wrote:

I feel that CD really benefits from having high quality means of playing it back. On a pair of AirPods Max with good equaliser settings it sounds great. I still feel it really suffers from being over-produced though.

I would really like to see a high quality copy of Oh My God using the version on Shacklemyre's soundcloud.

Unfortunately, I suspect The General will probably be a bit of a disappointment. I'm expecting a horrid mix with redundant parts by Slash thrown in. They should just release the CD outtakes as they were without trying to rehash them. Some of the playing on that album is unreal, and these songs probably sound much better with the hired guns on them than Slash (sorry mate).

I keep hearing chat about the hoarders on this board - but does anyone actually know what they have copies of but aren't sharing? I find it hard to believe they have much that we haven't got from the locker.

Dani_1455
 Rep: 3 

Dani_1455 wrote:
carlossacanell wrote:
guts wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

I have never heard Soul Monster. Is there any leak of It i missed? If so ... please

Just search Me & My Elvis on YouTube and It is there

carlossacanell

I didn't know that me and my Elvis was SM !!!

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

carlossacanell wrote:

I didn't know that me and my Elvis was SM !!!

I believe Axl said during the chats it was. He said Elvis Presley & the monster of soul would probably become Soul Monster (or something like that) Elvis Presley & the monster of soul and Me & My Elvis being the same song is an assumption, but a pretty safe one i think

Board footer