You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Re: "Sweet Child O' Mine" Interrupts S.F.A Press Conference

Backslash wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

It's football, cos you play it with a ball at your feet. Like Axl S said in American Football they carry it and throw it....when they're not having another rest of course tongue

I'd agree with you guys about calling it football if you called the American game something better than American football.  Here we have football and soccer.  There it's football and American Football.  You guys had NFL Europa over there.  If it was a sport outside of America, it's time to give it a non-American name.

And besides, in football you kick the ball a lot too.  And correct me if I'm wrong, but don't soccer players pick up the ball on a toss-in?  That doesn't sound very footish to me. 13

AtariLegend wrote:

We called it football over 600 years before the US even existed.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it... 19

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

We called it football over 600 years before the US even existed.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it... 19

When we didn't have a ball we'd cut off an enemy's head and use that.

Your steroid 'football' players can suck on that too. You don't even have a ball!

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Backslash wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

It's football, cos you play it with a ball at your feet. Like Axl S said in American Football they carry it and throw it....when they're not having another rest of course tongue

I'd agree with you guys about calling it football if you called the American game something better than American football.  Here we have football and soccer.  There it's football and American Football.  You guys had NFL Europa over there.  If it was a sport outside of America, it's time to give it a non-American name.

And besides, in football you kick the ball a lot too.  And correct me if I'm wrong, but don't soccer players pick up the ball on a toss-in?  That doesn't sound very footish to me. 13

It is more footish that American Football. Football the only time it is legal to touch it with your hands is if you are the goal keeper or are taking a throw-in. American Football they carry it all the time apart from when they do that one bit where they kick it. The name makes no sense.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

well the ball is somewhat foot shaped? 18 16

i dunno its also called gridiron or american football ... and its roots obviously come from rugby .

i agree its kinad weird that both games have the same name, cuz both are so different woulda made more sense to call the game in the USA as american rugby 16 the NRL instead of the NFL

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

The NRL is the name of the Australian Rugby league 16

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

It's soccer. tongue

Downliner, while you're on....