You are not logged in. Please register or login.

younggunner
 Rep: 7 

Re: The General and Monsters

younggunner wrote:

how is Axl going to sing these live lol

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
younggunner wrote:

how is Axl going to sing these live lol

badly just like he sings hard school

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Like others have said, I really liked “Monsters” right off the bat. “The General” is a bit tougher to swallow at first. A few listens so far and my opinion hasn’t changed, but it’s early. Plenty of time to grow. I definitely hear Slash on “Monsters”. Not sure what the hell I hear on “The General” just yet.

Weren’t these two songs listed as one in the credits that were posted yesterday? That would be one long ass song. Better to split them up I would think.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
faldor wrote:

Like others have said, I really liked “Monsters” right off the bat. “The General” is a bit tougher to swallow at first. A few listens so far and my opinion hasn’t changed, but it’s early. Plenty of time to grow. I definitely hear Slash on “Monsters”. Not sure what the hell I hear on “The General” just yet.

Weren’t these two songs listed as one in the credits that were posted yesterday? That would be one long ass song. Better to split them up I would think.

there is a version of youtube that links the songs together.

faldor

faldor wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
faldor wrote:

there is a version of youtube that links the songs together.

I’ll have to check that out. Do they flow well together?

And thanks for transcribing the lyrics. Always helps with digesting the songs.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:

I listened to the general a few times via the songs combined and Its kind of confusing.
The general part of the song does not sound like slash at all
it sounds more like the 99 band, even the quality is way worse than the monsters part

any chance the leaker is messing with us and gave us the first half from the 99 band and the second half from the current line up

The whole thing is just weird bc of how bad the quality of the first half of the song is on the vocals

Maybe the guitar I am hearing on the first part is Fortus, if it is slash its def slashs best work on the new stuff for sure

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

I listened to the general a few times via the songs combined and Its kind of confusing.
it sounds more like the 99 band, even the quality is way worse than the monsters part

any chance the leaker is messing with us and gave us the first half from the 99 band and the second half from the current line up

The whole thing is just weird bc of how bad the quality of the first half of the song is on the vocals

Maybe the guitar I am hearing on the first part is Fortus, if it is slash its def slashs best work on the new stuff for sure

I'm in this camp as well. The General sounds much rougher in comparison to monster. Fink and Bucket parts sound intact to my ears. Monsters sounds straight up slash and duff. The vocals on the general sound earlier than monster as well. A lot to unpack and decipher here.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
harmon420 wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

I'm in this camp as well. The General sounds much rougher in comparison to monster. Fink and Bucket parts sound intact to my ears. Monsters sounds straight up slash and duff. The vocals on the general sound earlier than monster as well. A lot to unpack and decipher here.

Exactly.  And there is no way Axl would keep Bucket and  Finck on a new song right lol

Phrozeninfuego
 Rep: 1 

Some vocals on 'the general' sound distorted on purpose like 'oh my God'.
I still think these both are finished product. I hope I'm wrong.

mister saint laurent wrote:

. I forget what The General sounds like as soon as it's over. But while I'm listening to The General, I do enjoy it.

Same. I feel it's complex. Lyrics weird as hell. The Vibe is very different.

faldor

faldor wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
harmon420 wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

Exactly.  And there is no way Axl would keep Bucket and  Finck on a new song right lol

Agreed. I just listened to the two songs together as one on YouTube and that doesn’t really work for me. As you both mentioned, they sound like two different lineups. The songs are better off on their own. Still far prefer “Monster”. Really good and catchy vocals from Axl, signature Slash too. Can’t go wrong with that.

Board footer