You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The General and Monsters

Looks I was too late. Can someone please send me a link to the songs?

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

I think those songs (don't know If they want to put them into just one song) are demos from long years ago and don't think Slash and Duff had recorded yet.
They are not mixed, worked or finished. I guess they want to put together both into one song but don't think this is the final version

Sky Dog wrote:

Sure sounds like Duff’s bass on the intro to Monsters. It’s heavy and clangy. Tommy’s is a little more clean.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Sure sounds like Duff’s bass on the intro to Monsters. It’s heavy and clangy. Tommy’s is a little more clean.

yeah it sounds like slither

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

I don't like them. Monsters is a bit better un my opinión but these songs doesn't sound like GNR. For me is like a obscure Axl song not radio friendly and not in the average of the GNR catalogue, including Chinese Democracy.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
carlossacanell wrote:

I don't like them. Monsters is a bit better un my opinión but these songs doesn't sound like GNR. For me is like a obscure Axl song not radio friendly and not in the average of the GNR catalogue, including Chinese Democracy.

Its because they are CD era songs
like Brian said in an interview, they were sending axl some crazy songs that were nothing like GNR

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Clear wrote:

https://genius.com/Guns-n-roses-monsters-lyrics
New take on lyrics, what do you think?

They sound way off

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I think the General is clearly the best. Axl's vocal lines are badass. With some decent production and better guitar parts it has great potential. I surely hope these songs do not have Slash on them. The guitar work is pretty meh as it stands.

My first thought was that Monsters will be spliced onto this song as a type of Rocket Queen outro. I don't see any other way they could be combined. If so, I am expecting a pretty epic song to come out of it. Both of the songs have very good melodies from Axl, but the production is a mess. Feels aimless. Combine them somehow, some kickass guitar parts from Slash, and you have a monster.

Sky Dog wrote:

Where’s Izzy?

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Where’s Izzy?

With all the fan theories and speculation, I'm sure some people hear him on these tracks. lol

Board footer