You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The General and Monsters

benny wrote:
monsterscantkillme wrote:
benny wrote:

Monsters is second to only Atlas Shrugged for me in the unreleased tracks.  Too bad that Atlas Shrugged, Monsters, Perhaps and The General weren't on Chinese Democracy instead of Scraped, Shackler's Revenge, Riad N' The Bedouins and If The World.  I'd add Hard Skool to the list of tracks that I wish that were on Chinese Democracy, but I can't decide which track I would replace it with from the album LOL.

Chinese Democracy would've been a MONSTER record in 2008 if it had Perhaps with Robin, Hard Skool with Robin N Bucket, Absurd with Buckethead, Oklahoma with Robin, The General with Buckethead, Atlas Shrugged with Brian May and Robin, and Monsters with Robin on it. Chinese Democracy could've been a double album with these songs added.

100% agree.  I believe that Atlas Shrugged was supposed to be on the album in 2008 but ended up being cut due to the length of the album to be fit on a CD.

Who was in charge of the tracks? Was it AXL? or label? If we can see there were better songs to be on Chinese Democracy, why couldn't AXL or the label see it?

BLS-Pride wrote:

When Axl comes in at around 2:50, could this be the verse he described as really venomous that he sang during a party? Coming around to monsters might be soul monster. Plus "you stole my soul" bit.

Also think it's Slash on the track but could be wrong.

Why do you think it's Slash? I think it's Robin. Another poster said he heard Robin's Street Of Dreams solo in Monsters. I can hear Street of Dreams in Monsters too. I can hear the classic Chinese Democracy style Robin is known for in Monsters. The AXL vocals sound 2004 or 2006ish. They don't sound like recent or new vocals. With the Perhaps release you could tell the AXL vocals were newly recorded vocals and you could tell it was Slash. It was a completely different solo than Robin's. The same when Slash does Robin's N Bucket's live solos completely different from how they were originally recorded. That is a signal that says Slash will record a totally different solo from what we hear on the Monsters demo.

wagszilla
 Rep: 3 

wagszilla wrote:

If you think that only 15 songs were done in 2008 and it was only Atlas they finished besides CD, I have a $14 million album to sell you.

wagszilla wrote:

If you think that only 15 songs were done in 2008 and it was only Atlas they finished besides CD, I have a $14 million album to sell you.

I believe over 30 songs were finished. I'm shocked those songs didn't make Chinese Democracy or turn Chinese Democracy into a double or a triple album.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
wagszilla wrote:

I believe over 30 songs were finished. I'm shocked those songs didn't make Chinese Democracy or turn Chinese Democracy into a double or a triple album.

30 completely finished? Lol. Just lol

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

The General is a masterpiece. Best song made by nu guns.

Unless Slash is attempting to emulate Finck and BH he is not playing on this track. No way.

BLS-Pride wrote:
wagszilla wrote:

Oh yeah. That's how creative and talented Robin and Bucket are! They churn out hits and churn out songs like Burger King churns out whoppers!

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Oh yeah. That's how creative and talented Robin and Bucket are! They churn out hits and churn out songs like Burger King churns out whoppers!

roll

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Unless Slash is attempting to emulate Finck and BH he is not playing on this track. No way.

Sounds more Slash on Monsters but not as convinced on my opinion for General. You could be right. We won't know til they are actually released.

polluxlm wrote:

I don't think Slash is on The General or Monsters. I think it's Bucket N Robin. But the finished vinyl versions will have Slash.

Board footer