You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Re: The General and Monsters

James wrote:

I wish they didn't always have to play Scooby Doo sooper sekrit mystery.

In a perfect (normal) world...Slash, Duff, or preferably Axl would log into Twitter, acknowledge the leak, and give a brief synopsis of the track(s) and how it went down.

It would be so easy to do this.

It's the only fan base that has to debate which band members are on songs.

Not kicking a gift horse in the mouth...a leak is a leak...but getting information along with the music would work wonders.

I get your point but acknowledging leaks would be a slippy road for them to go down. If they start doing that then then they risk people leaking shit just to get a public rise out of them. Now maybe that would be great for us because we would get music but if you look at it from there perspective probably less so. Smartest thing for them to do is say nothing.

Someone (cough) posted these on LeakedCX and if you look at how most leaks happen for music on that site its very rare the artist/band/rapper ever publicly addresses it at all. Leaks are for die hards, responding to them opens a dialogue where you have statements and opinions on both side's which by definition turns it into a public conversation and elevates it. This only broadens the knowledge of them.

It's doubtful they will ever speak on these leaks at all. They will just release the 7" as if it never happened & maybe drop a Creative works London or lyric video on there youtube channel.

wagszilla
 Rep: 3 

wagszilla wrote:

So does everyone think we're getting both songs in December?

Shacklermyrye

Credit to D.. from MYGNR Beltrami got back to him, this is a quite revealing post, they were always different songs

Marco Beltrami was kind enough to answer me a second time, can't believe he's so kind and took the time, what a great guy! Sadly he doesn't remember Monsters former name. He does remember a song being quite long but unsure if it was The General or another one. But if it was, it's not The General we have, as apparently there was a longer song he worked on (but he's unsure whether that long song was The General back then, maybe it's Seven or another one we haven't heard).

Just to be clear, he did listen to the leaks, I wanted to make sure he understood and could compare with what he remembers, and what we have has been modified from when he worked on those, so I guess it's hard for him to properly remember specific former names. But he does recognize those two songs & his work, and they weren't a single song back then (just like we have a hard time understanding how they could form a single song, as it is). The instrumental part isn't meant to form a continuity between this version of The General, and this version of Monsters, both instrumental were specific creations of his. Each 8 songs he's worked on/arranged had a specific arrangement meant for a particular song.

So it almost confirms for me that Monsters is indeed Soul Monster. And 100% confirms that those "The General" and "Monsters" we have are different songs.

I hope this clarifies things for everyone, now I can only hope Axl will someday clarify more things for us, and 100% confirm this is Soul Monster.

Can't wait for December 8th. Considering the credits things stating "The General and Monsters" as a single song, not everyone agreeing it's Slash & Duff on both songs, we might be in for more surprises! In "worst case scenario", we'll have a better mix/audio quality.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
wagszilla wrote:

So does everyone think we're getting both songs in December?

I think it will be combined one song
I still think the leaker broke up the songs  to make it easier to upload and download

Even if they are really just one track, I will still listen to them seperate bc iMO they work better as two songs than one

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Credit to D.. from MYGNR Beltrami got back to him, this is a quite revealing post, they were always different songs

Marco Beltrami was kind enough to answer me a second time, can't believe he's so kind and took the time, what a great guy! Sadly he doesn't remember Monsters former name. He does remember a song being quite long but unsure if it was The General or another one. But if it was, it's not The General we have, as apparently there was a longer song he worked on (but he's unsure whether that long song was The General back then, maybe it's Seven or another one we haven't heard).

Just to be clear, he did listen to the leaks, I wanted to make sure he understood and could compare with what he remembers, and what we have has been modified from when he worked on those, so I guess it's hard for him to properly remember specific former names. But he does recognize those two songs & his work, and they weren't a single song back then (just like we have a hard time understanding how they could form a single song, as it is). The instrumental part isn't meant to form a continuity between this version of The General, and this version of Monsters, both instrumental were specific creations of his. Each 8 songs he's worked on/arranged had a specific arrangement meant for a particular song.

So it almost confirms for me that Monsters is indeed Soul Monster. And 100% confirms that those "The General" and "Monsters" we have are different songs.

Oh wow that’s awesome. That kills my idea they were meant to bleed into each other

8 SONGS?? 10

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
misterID wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

I hope this clarifies things for everyone, now I can only hope Axl will someday clarify more things for us, and 100% confirm this is Soul Monster.

Can't wait for December 8th. Considering the credits things stating "The General and Monsters" as a single song, not everyone agreeing it's Slash & Duff on both songs, we might be in for more surprises! In "worst case scenario", we'll have a better mix/audio quality.

Oh wow that’s awesome. That kills my idea they were meant to bleed into each other

8 SONGS?? 10

Well when Marco worked on them they were two songs but Axl could have said oh i wll make these two songs into one after Marco left the project.

Axl loves to frankenstein things together.

Shacklermyrye

misterID means songs off of Chinese too. But your right this is pretty much the best confirmation we will get.

It's soul monster, they were always 2 diff songs and no strings part was an interlude

wagszilla
 Rep: 3 

wagszilla wrote:
misterID wrote:

8 SONGS?? 10

I had a hard time finding the alternate CD booklet to verify but I believe these are all Beltrami's credits on "Chinese Democracy".

1. The Blues

2. TWAT

3. Madagascar

4. This I Love

5. Prostitute

6. The General

7. Soul Monster

8. Seven

Post: http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.p … 57#p351857

"Thyme" would make #9 and Marco is confirmed to have worked on it but the current belief is the song was dropped and judging by the locker leaks alone, it does seem to be a rough sketch.

If anything, we're closer to the correct answer than we were before.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Damn, thought there was hope DTune and Me and My Elvis weren’t scrapped sad

Click777 wrote:

In Monsters, Slash's guitar sounds until 04:04  then the part of another guitarist begins, which one? Fortus? The same thing happens in the General, Slash's guitar sounds throughout the song, then another guitar enters

from 3:35 to 4:33 I hear Robin on Monsters

from 3:46 to 4:19 I hear Robin on The General

Board footer