You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The General and Monsters

BLS-Pride wrote:

Slash can't play at that level eh? Maybe take a nap and listen to some other music for a while. Settle down on the trolling too. Better for everyone.

Slash gives it a good effort. Don't get me wrong. Slash tried his best. Slash couldn't capture the greatness Robin achieved on Perhaps. Thay's why Perhaps would been a big hit on radio and on the rock singles charts if Perhaps with Robin Finck was the Perhaps officially released.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
monsterscantkillme wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Slash can't play at that level eh? Maybe take a nap and listen to some other music for a while. Settle down on the trolling too. Better for everyone.

Slash gives it a good effort. Don't get me wrong. Slash tried his best. Slash couldn't capture the greatness Robin achieved on Perhaps. Thay's why Perhaps would been a big hit on radio and on the rock singles charts if Perhaps with Robin Finck was the Perhaps officially released.

I can't decide if you're a troll or just that thick.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Oh I think he is that troll who goes on every youtube video is talks about how good Robin is

dave-gnfnr wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Oh I think he is that troll who goes on every youtube video is talks about how good Robin is

Robin is good. If you don't think Robin is good, then I can't take what you think seriously.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Robin is good. If you don't think Robin is good, then I can't take what you think seriously.

I never said he wasn't. I have been defending Robin since 1999. I am just wondering if you are that troll who goes into every Gnr video and drones on and on about how good Robin is.

I have been one of Robins biggest supportes every since the RS GNR forum days

BLS-Pride wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

If you can't see Robin is great on Perhaps compared to Slash and in general, then I have to think you don't know what great rock is.

dave-gnfnr wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

I never said he wasn't. I have been defending Robin since 1999. I am just wondering if you are that troll who goes into every Gnr video and drones on and on about how good Robin is.

I have been one of Robins biggest supportes every since the RS GNR forum days

I don't go on YouTube. I used to post on HTGTH forum. But I didn't like Jarmo. if you're a big fan of Robin it boggles my mind why you can't hear Robin like I do on either The General or Monsters. If the vinyl pressing issue wasn't happening at the same time, would you think the same things? I think those are two separate issues and two different things. I think if I was wrong then the leaker who dropped the file links would have said "and oh by the way this is the Slash and Duff stuff." Or Slash or Duff on twitter would say "oh yeah that's me."

darknemus
 Rep: 23 

darknemus wrote:

I'm sorry, but if you think ANY of the CD tracks we've heard leaks of beforehand or Perhaps or Absurd or Hardskool are different vocal takes, I'm going to suggest you rethink that position.

Now, we do know there are ALTERNATE vocal takes (presumably recorded in the same general timeframe) for at least one song (TIL) and there are some SLIGHT variations on a few CD tracks that might be where alternate vocal take stuff had been inserted but I'm 'sorry' (lol, see what I did there?) - basically all the stuff we've listened to out of GNR in the last 15+ years was recorded closer to 25+ years ago, at least vocally. Obviously, you have stuff like 'Rock The Rock' that serve as an anomaly to this.. but, yeah.. I mean hell, even the original IRS leak played on Trunk's show so long ago was essentially the exact same vocals we got on the album.

I'm not suggesting, btw, that Axl hasn't been in the studio recently and recorded.. for all we know, they've recorded 10+ brand new tracks together - I'm just suggesting WE haven't heard any Rose vocals recorded post, let's say 2002 with the exception of what's on "Angel Down" and of course, the aforementioned 'Rock The Rock'.

We can only go by logic and what evidence we have - and thanks to the locker leaks we do have some decent evidence of vox matches to things we heard 'released' years after they were recorded.. just sayin'

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:

Definitely a troll, but maybe not skynet self aware.

I don't know if you're new to the game despite you joining this forum yesterday, but this isn't the place for cucking your favorite Gn'R member. You're only 48 hours in and you've managed to annoy a large swath of posters here, whether by design or not. Bottom line, you're coming on a little strong. You're certainly entitled to your opinion/preference, but don't shit on everyone else in the process.

darknemus wrote:

I'm sorry, but if you think ANY of the CD tracks we've heard leaks of beforehand or Perhaps or Absurd or Hardskool are different vocal takes, I'm going to suggest you rethink that position.

Now, we do know there are ALTERNATE vocal takes (presumably recorded in the same general timeframe) for at least one song (TIL) and there are some SLIGHT variations on a few CD tracks that might be where alternate vocal take stuff had been inserted but I'm 'sorry' (lol, see what I did there?) - basically all the stuff we've listened to out of GNR in the last 15+ years was recorded closer to 25+ years ago, at least vocally. Obviously, you have stuff like 'Rock The Rock' that serve as an anomaly to this.. but, yeah.. I mean hell, even the original IRS leak played on Trunk's show so long ago was essentially the exact same vocals we got on the album.

I'm not suggesting, btw, that Axl hasn't been in the studio recently and recorded.. for all we know, they've recorded 10+ brand new tracks together - I'm just suggesting WE haven't heard any Rose vocals recorded post, let's say 2002 with the exception of what's on "Angel Down" and of course, the aforementioned 'Rock The Rock'.

We can only go by logic and what evidence we have - and thanks to the locker leaks we do have some decent evidence of vox matches to things we heard 'released' years after they were recorded.. just sayin'

Well, on the demo Axl sings hey hey different than he does on the other Perhaps. It's not a reverb effect. It's Axl going into the studio and singing the song over. The vocal ending of the demo is not the same as the vocal ending on the other Perhaps. It's two different and distinct recordings. Axl doesn't sing the ending of the demo like he does on the ending of the other Perhaps. Two different vocal endings. One of them is missing the Robin guitar ending on the demo. Axl sings Perhaps a different way than he does on the demo. I think this will be the case when the vinyl for The General/Monsters comes out. It'll be same lyrics but a more recent Axl singing them like with Perhaps. And with the guitar I assume Slash will sound different on the vinyl like he sounds different on Hard Skool, Perhaps, and Absurd. I think those others do the General and Monsters guitars but that isn't a bad thing. Having those others is what the Chinese Democracy fans have been waiting for. The official release is what the Use Your Illusions fans have been waiting for.

Board footer